Chapter # 53

Song: Mere aas pass by Atif and Hadiqa

Mahnoor's POV:

"How about going to a musical night?" Kanwal suggested.

"Um...." Nats looked at me and I quickly shook my head in negative.

"Dinner at the new restaurant?" Nats suggested and both Kanwal and I replied 'No' in unison.

"Listen, girls, I am in no mood to sit at home and get bored. So, decide where you guys want to go before I drag you to Mushaira."

"Mushaira?" My eyes widened. Nats nodded in answer.

"Nats, you go to Mushairas?" Kanwal asked with the same facial expression as mine.

"Only comedy Mushairas, I always get invitations. Now hurry up." She said, looking at her imaginary wristwatch.

  Both Kanwal and I exchange knowing looks before Kanwal said, "Atif Aslam will be singing."

"Let's go to the musical night." I said to Nats. Who would be in their right mind to miss the chance to listen to Atif Aslam?

"Huh? You changed your mind because of Atif?" Nats asked and I nodded with a big grin.

"Okay then. Get ready." She sighed and without wasting a second, I quickly get up.

"You don't like him?" Kanwal asked Nats.

"Not much, but I love the way he sang Taajdar-e-Haram." Nats answered.  

"Hm, he did a great job at it. I don't know many singers who sing Qawwali..." I didn't hear what Kanwal said afterwards as I had walked into my room to take my scarf and my mind drifted to Moosa when Nats mentioned Taajdar-e-Haram. He liked this Qawwali very much, I often found him humming it. It was a rare sight and now when I think about it, apart from his silent type mode, he never hesitated to open himself to me, whether it was his past, his present self or his unpredictable and somewhat dangerous mood swings. On the other hand, I always kept myself wrapped up whenever I am around him.

"Mano... Your phone is ringing." Kanwal's shout from the living room brings me back to reality.

"Oh." I abruptly picked up the call without looking at the caller ID. 

"Hello, Assalam o Alaikum." I said and a reply comes in the voice which I had been waiting to hear for the past four days.

"Wallaikum Assalam, Noor." I remained silent. Not because I was angry, it's just... I have too many things to say and didn't know how to start. Should I tell him how much I miss him? And waiting for him? Or should I tell him how much I was longing to hear his voice? Or should I keep listening to him without saying a word?

"Am I still not forgiven?" He asked when he didn't get a response from me.

"No."  I quickly denied it.

"No?" He sounded surprised.

"No, that's not what I meant. You are forgiven." As soon as these words come out of my mouth, Kanwal walked into the room. She gave me a questioning look and I mouthed her 'Moosa'. She nodded her head in acknowledgement and left after giving me thumbs up.

"Wow, I never thought it would be this easy."

"Huh? What do you mean easy?" 

"Nothing, forget it. How are you?" He quickly changed the topic.

"I am fine, Alhamdulillah... How are you?"

"Bored without you." He answered abruptly like it was on the tip of his tongue. Again, I went silent for a moment, not knowing how to respond to his statement.