Chapter#44

Mahnoor's POV:

I opened the guest room door and closed it back the next moment when I heard Moosa's voice coming from the outside. No one told me that he would be coming so soon.

I couldn't sleep after having the conversation about Moosa, so I decided to take a nap after lunch but that nap took longer than expected. I quickly combed my hair, straighten my dress with my hands and settle my dupatta.

Why the hell am I feeling nervous???

Shaking my head, I stepped outside the room but before I enter the living room, my feet turn towards the kitchen on their own where I found Kanwal making tea for them.

Still not ready to face Moosa.

"Oh! You're awake. I was starting to get worried. Do you want some tea?" I shook my head in negative.

"Okay! Then please serve them." She pointed to the tray.

"Hyn? I am not going." I refused straightaway.

"Mano, I-" she was interrupted by Ahad's voice.

"Kanwal, I asked you to make tea yar... Ary tigress. Assalam o Allaikum."

"Wallaikum Assalam, Ahad Bhai. Tea is ready, so kindly prove yourself a bit useful." I handed over the tray to him which he took silently. Not as if he wanted to help, but probably he was in shock because I treated him like I used to before.

I am not going there...

Holding the tray with both of his hands, he turned on his heels and left.

Wow! It worked.

"Hey! That was unfair." Kanwal said when I turned back to her.

"Why?"

"You knew he doesn't have any sister and how much he loves it when you call him Bhai, plus you used that tone after so long. My poor husband was caught off guard."

"Sorry! I didn't know he would take it so seriously." I murmured.

"Forget it and help me with dinner."

"Tell me what to do." I asked and tie my dupatta.

~*~

Both men were in the office when Kanwal called them out for dinner. Moosa came out behind Ahad, wearing black jeans and black Kurta which I pressed this morning.

"Ogle him once you get home." Kanwal elbow me on the ribs before going into the kitchen and I realized I was staring at him.

Thank God he didn't see me...

"Oye! It hurts." I complained and slowly massage my ribs.

"Sorry! Now come, or do I have to drag you?" She asked while holding a water bottle in her hand.

"Coming." I answered, walking behind her.

To be honest, I didn't want to be anywhere near Moosa until these stupid heartbeats of mine calm down. So I kept my gaze down and try to not make eye contact with him.

After dinner, both Ahad and Moosa helped us in taking the dishes to the kitchen, which was quite unexpected to me. I have never seen Moosa doing any house chores before. All he did in the house besides working in his office was daily exercises, play the piano and watch television. He never even puts his things on place.

"Noor! We will leave in five minutes." Moosa announced before leaving the kitchen.

"Looks like our time together is over for today." Kanwal said while putting the dirty dishes in a washbasin. I glance at her and sighed.