Chapter#37

Eid Mubarak Everyone :)

Mahnoor's POV:

I sat on the bed, staring at the door Moosa slammed behind him, thinking over everything that had just happened. His anger, the piece of paper and the way he rushed out. I wanted to know what was written on that paper. I wanted to recall his facial expression while reading the paper but all I could recall was that... that kiss. It left a lingering feeling and I was unable to shove it away. Unconsciously, I touch my slightly swelled lips and my heart started hammering against my rib cage faster than before.

What is wrong with me???

I squeezed my eyes shut, hoping I could free my mind from the thought of him. But it was a waste as Moosa's image pops up in my mind.

No! No... I shouldn't be feeling this way...

I was in the middle of my inner battle when Shahina came and told me that Moosa was calling me into his office.

"Is he alone in the office?" I couldn't stop myself from asking, I didn't want to face him right now.

"No, Natasha Appi is with him."

"Oh! I'm coming."

I abruptly got up and walked over to his office. With each step, I was getting more nervous and I was starting to get irritated by this controllable feeling. I knocked on the door and went in. As soon as Natasha saw me, she got up and gave me a friendly hug.

"Assalam o Alaikum!" I said slowly and stole a glance at Moosa who was looking carefully at us.

"Wallaikum Assalam! How are you?"

"I am fine Alhamdulillah."

"You don't look so fine to me. Why your is face red and your temperature feel higher than usual? Do you have a fever or something?" She said, putting her hand on my forehead to feel my temperature.

Just like Ami...

"I am fine. Really." I held her hand and smile.

"Okay... If you are fine, then you won't have a problem in going with me, right?"

"Go where?"

"Actually, today is the Mayon (a ceremony before the wedding) of my friend. So I was thinking of taking you with me." She said happily.

What would I do there???

But before I could say anything, we heard Moosa's voice.

"She is not going." We both turned to him.

"And why not?" Natasha asked, putting her hand on her hip.

"It's your friend's Mayon, not hers. And besides, she will only get bored."

"It's not for you to decide." She retorted.

"Fine. Then ask her if she wants to go." He said, turning his gaze towards me.

"You will go with me, na?" It was more like an order rather than a question.

"Huh?" I looked at Moosa who was staring back at me with his face in his palm.

I couldn't find any emotions in his face, nor was he giving me a hint of saying no.

Why am I even relying on him???

"I will go." I said to Natasha.

"Great! We are leaving now. So go and grab your bag and stuff." She ordered.

"Right now?"

"Yes, now go. Hurry." I left the office, giving a last glance at Moosa who was sitting in the same position as before.