Chapter#25

Moosa's POV:

I dismissed the meeting earlier than it should be. Both Ahad and I didn't do any further analysis on it. So, there was no meaning of wasting our time.

"After scrutinizing the whole situation, we will call for another meeting agai-" I stopped in the middle on hearing Noor's voice.

"My husband is dead. This marriage is nothing more than a deal that I have done to keep my family safe."

I frowned but didn't say anything. We just stood there and eavesdropped on their conversation.

My jaw clenched.

This girl... is really going to regret it.

I rushed toward the living room.

"Moosa, don't!" Ahad held my arm, stopping me. I jerked his hand and walked into the living room. Both ladies were looking at the entrance. Without giving a single glance to my surroundings, I directly approach a startled Noor.

"Meet me in our room in five minutes."

~*~

Mahnoor's POV:

Knocking on the door, I walked inside with rapid heartbeats. He was talking on the phone on the other side of the room which gives a look of an office with a big office table. As soon as his eyes landed on me, he cut the call and quickly closed the distance between us, throwing his phone onto the bed.

"Would you mind repeating the same sentence you said to Kanwal earlier?" His voice was unexpectedly calm, which means he was furious.

"SPEAK." He roared, making me jump in fear.

A whimper came out of my mouth before words could and vision starts blurring due to tears.

"What? Cat got your tongue? Huh?" He grabbed both of my arms.

"Can't you understand I hate it when you talk or even think about that man." I didn't answer, just kept looking down. I hate myself for crying right now.

"Look at me." I didn't.

"I said look at me!" He raised his voice, holding my face up with both of his hands. I couldn't look at him because the tears kept running down from my eyes, his anger was scary.

"It's all about your family, huh...? You only care about them, right...? Let's see what will you do when I get rid of them." He suddenly left me and walk to the bed to grab the phone.

No...

"No! Please no." I held his arm with both of my hands, "I am sorry... I am really really sorry... I'll do anything you'd say, just... please don't hurt my family... please." I pleaded.

He stared at me before leaning down to my height.

"You will do whatever I say...? Will you forget that man and love me?" I was taken aback by his question. Unconsciously, my hands left his arm.

"Will you?"

Speak, Mahnoor... Speak...

"I-I'll try." I breathed out, looking into his eyes.

We stood there staring at each other for a few moments. Then, out of nowhere, I felt a hand behind my head and his lips on mine. He took me by surprise, it startled me and I pushed him without thinking. He pulled back with an irritated expression on his face.

"I have an honest answer now."

With that, he picked his phone and made a call. I stood there staring at him in complete shock.