Chapter 7: Who said romance was dead?

It was 11pm and Steve was layed in bed thinking about tomorrow's meet up with Fury. Steve was thankful that he'd been given time to safely acclimate to the new world; but frankly, it hadn't been enough time. Steve still barely new anything about the technology and modern warfare Fury was about to throw him into; all he knew was that he was a soldier, and even though he had no understanding of the threats that existed in the modern day, he'd do as he was told; get the job done, or die trying. As long as he was helping people, and saving lives, Steve had a purpose here that made him happy.

Steve closed his eyes in an attempt to go to sleep; that wasn't gonna happen. A muffled noise of giggling and kissing sounded from Johnny and April's room. Only moments later he began to hear groans, and April's distinctive tone moaning Johnny's name. Steve winced as bed springs started to squeak and the calls of pleasure grew louder.
He started to get desperate, stuffing his fingers in his ears, putting the pillow over his head, he even tried humming to himself - didn't work. He'd just have to wait it out.

After the noise had died down, Steve couldn't help but ask himself why a girl like April would ever commit to someone like Johnny Storm. Steve balled his hand into a fist before opening his palm to study the dry, cracked skin left behind after shaking Johnny's hand. If that's what the man could do just with his hand, Steve didn't even want to imagine what he'd be like in bed.

In Johnny and April's room, the pair were still getting their breath back. April rolled onto her side, draping her leg over Johnny's waist and resting her hand on his chest. She ran her hand along his chiseled torso and sighed with content. Looking up at her boyfriend she rolled her eyes, Johnny was already fast asleep and snoring lightly.

"Who said romance was dead..." she whispered kissing his jaw, before settling down again. Her head rested on his chest, and she fell asleep listening to the calm beat of his heart.