Prologue

Copyright All Rights Reserved to summerglitters

plz voteee :) it only takes a second but it means so much to me! :)

And I'm going to go with this logic from now on. If you don't vote, you didn't like it. If you vote, you liked it! Pretty simple. :)

 This is edited, so plz don't comment about mistakes coz i read this hundreds of times. again and again. I'm pree sure there r no more mistakes. And if there is, let me know where it is. Don't just say edit it plz. say it specifically if ur gonna comment on the errors. :)

thanks for reading :) hope u enjoy! xx

**************************************************************

PROLOGUE

"Farrrrkkkkkkkk!" My new tongue piercing was excruciatingly painful as I tried to chew my favourite jelly in the whole wide world. My mum was staring at me wide-eyed and narrowed her eyes suspiciously. I tried to act as if nothing had happened and gave her my innocent face.

"Nicole..."

I tried to put my long black hair in front of my face to hide my emotions but my mum already assumed what had happened to my tongue.

"Nicole Cass! Come here this instant!" screamed mum who has instantly turned into an ape. I swear she just broke the world's record for transforming from a mother into an ape in three seconds. I waited for a huge lecture to start on how I shouldn't waste my beauty with gothic make up and how my dyed hair looks crap and how everything about me right now displeases her. However, the lecture never came.

Instead, the ape came raging towards me and in an instant, I found my mum taking ALL of my piercings out and rubbing my heavy make up off my face completely. While all this was happening, I stood still, too stunned to move or speak. Minutes passed away and I came out of my daze. Emotions started to attack me and I was forced to look at myself in the mirror right in front of me. The image I saw made me lose patience.

"MUM! This would never have happened if dad was here! If only you didn't..." I broke off as I realised I might have gone too far. I screamed in agony as painful memories came rushing towards me. I didn't want any of this to happen! I stormed out of the house and bolted away from this shithole. Tears came streaming down my face and I realised I haven't cried for a different reason since that night. That night when I lost everything. That night when all hell broke loose. My head started throbbing and I suddenly realised that I haven't taken my pills today. I started to panic. I could hear my heart drumming in my ears. My mind went blank and my breathing went rapid. I tried to calm myself. But I knew I was too late. I had no choice but to give up and that was the last thing I thought of when darkness took over everything.

And this happened exactly three years ago.