A8

Harry

"I... I don't understand..."

Ashley's sweet voice was like a symphony to my ears. The way her pink, heart-shaped lips form to create every syllable and sound is just hypnotic. It makes me want to listen to it all day, to absorb her innocent voice, and to memorize every detail of her melotic, yet, peculiar speech pattern.

Her wide, dark chocolate-colored eyes had a very prominent look of confusion. The way her perfectly defined eyebrows were furrowed, and how her head was cocked at a slight angle added onto her image of the small bit of knowledge she knew about me.

I could sense myself being drawn to her, psychically and mentally. It seems as if she was driving me insane. I had just barely met her, but I could feel a strong force that was bringing me towards her.

Now, it is important to understand that there is a distinct difference from being attracted to someone, and to being drawn to someone.

Being attracted to someone just simply means you find them good-looking, or you possibly fancy them. Nothing more than a minor, insignificant, middle school crush.

However, being drawn to someone is completely different.

This may be a bit difficult to explain if you have not been drawn to someone yourself, but it feels as if nothing matters anymore. Nothing, but the angel of a girl standing before you, with her paper white gown, and porcelain skin peeking out from underneath, begging to be explored.

The worst part of it, is that you are absolutely clueless. You have no idea as to why you are drawn to this particular person, and you are haunted with thoughts that she might not be drawn to you as you are to her. You start to question: is this a gift from God, or a curse from hell? For, it can be interpreted in many ways.

But it all depends on how you interpret it; how you deal with the angelic demon who is slowly eating up your lonely life.

This is the step I have yet to discover, and I am going to take a leap of faith, right now, in order to see if Ashley is truly an angel like I previously believed her to be.

I stepped closer to her, craving to take her petite figure within my arms just to hear the wonderful sound of her contagious laughter. Although, instead I softly caressed the pale skin upon her cheek.

Immediately upon contact, a soft warmth emanated from her skin to mine. The heat was comforting, not like a raging bonfire, but more like a mug of hot cocoa on a freezing winter day. It was cozy, reminding me of home; or possibly it was a sign, telling me that I was finally at home.

Before I could comprehend what I was doing, I felt her heavenly lips upon my own. My mind not processing how badly I wanted her, as fast my body was. I almost pulled away from her, realizing what I had done, but I was stopped by a flood rushing over me; and extinguishing the subtle warmth.

The wall that had previously held us apart had shattered into an amount of pieces that were impossible to count. The water it held back came rushing down upon me instantly, overwhelming my senses. It filled every single part of my body with a feeling of pure ecstasy and hunger. I craved more of whatever the hell was happening to me right now and I couldn't help but revel in the touch of her sweet, candy lips. The indescribable sensation swept every thought away, including every alarm bell that rung repetitively within my mind; desperately trying to remind myself of the mistake I was currently making. Various words and ideas were thrown out the window entirely, for her infectious image had consumed me.

My wandering hands had traveled up to the bed of ebony waves upon her head without my conscience's consent. I gripped the bundle of strands in the palms of my hand while I soothingly massaged her scalp. It was so soft, in contrast to my rough, calloused fingertips. It reminded me of a tuff of cotton candy, sitting on the tip of my moist tongue; slowly diminishing as the water over takes it. I then clutched her tighter, afraid that she too might melt away from my desperate touch.