A2

All I did was scream.

It took away the pain for a short amount of time, but not in the ways I wanted it to.

I wanted the memories to disappear, to go away forever. All screaming did was numb me until the pictures became blurry and my throat went dry.

Although, it was better than nothing. So, I continued to scream, in hopes of drowning out the memories completely.

I screamed for what seemed like many long, countless hours. I screamed until the front doors flew open, slamming against the wall, and making a booming sound that echoed within the small room.

Three doctors came rushing in, only one of them dressed in a crisp, pressed lab coat. One of them forcefully latched onto my right shoulder, the other to my left, and the last worker grabbed onto both.

My eyes concentrated on the white floor, afraid to look them in the eye in case of seeing blue tinted irises.

Blue.

That was the color of his eyes.

It used to be my favorite color. It used to calm me, it used to bring me joy. Now, all it does is send me reminders of the pain he caused me.

"Calm down."

The worker in front of me spoke in a strict, yet calming tone with a deep and raspy edge to it.

I continued to scream. Anything was better than seeing those horrifying images.

"Breathe."

A voice to my left commanded.

No.

I can't stop. I don't want to see the memories that were calling me, whispering in my ear.

"Shhh...." another worker to my right said to me.

This time I screamed louder, afraid that the pictures would seep into the depths of my mind. I could feel them, slowly but surely getting clearer and clearer. Screaming louder didn't help, I was starting to replay the past in my mind.

Videos of him torturing me flashed through my mind. I kept screaming, louder and louder, until all that could be heard was the shrill shriek of my voice, and the loud ringing in my ears.

"Stop!" The man in front of me raised his voice.

"Why me?" I yelled towards the ground, my cheeks wet from tears.

"Why did it have to be me!" I continued to scream and ponder over my question.

"Hush..." the lady to my right whispered and rubbed my shoulder in attempt to calm me.

I turned my line of vision from the sterile floor to her. A sudden spark of anger and bravery forced me to look her in the eye.

"No!"I yelled at her. "You don't tell me what to do!"

I screamed once more, only this time louder, fear evident in her light brown eyes.

I was tired of people telling what to do all the time. Tired of being treated like I was worthless, the way he treated me.

"Miss you need to calm down!"

Spoke the lady to my left, still pinning me in place.

My anger boiled over the top as I lifted my arm up to strike her, but my it felt heavier than usual. My eyesight become blurry and i felt a sharp but subtle pain emanating from my opposite arm.

"Wha-what?"

I pivoted around to look at my right arm and saw a long, metal syringe injecting a clear liquid into me.

"I'm sorry."

The man in front of me spoke, barely audible.

I turned my line of eyesight from the vile liquid to his face for the very first time.

He had a sad, apologetic look in his vibrant green eyes, as he watched the liquid slowly transfer into my body. A disappointed frown was etched onto his chiseled face and he shook his head slightly, making the loose curls on top of his head fall sloppily onto his forehead.

My knees buckled and my legs caved in from under me, no longer able to support the tremendous weight they were supporting. My vision became so blurry, that the only thing I was able to see was the green eyes of the doctor before me.

I fell to the floor, expecting an impact once I hit it, but instead I felt nothing. My eyesight went from blurry, to pitch black in a matter of seconds. As I was slowly slipping away from reality, all I could picture were jade-colored eyes planted deep inside of my mind.