chapter eight

Chapter 8

"Night," I said trying to disguise my worry voice and the tears slipping out of my eyes.

I tip toed up the stairs, not to wake Grace or Abby.

I closed my door as soft as I could and sighed relief, but still crying. My tears were clearing up, but I didn't yet open up the light yellow colored box. I only knew that it was necklace my father gave my mother. I didn't want to open the box, for I knew that I would cry even harder than I was now to know that this necklace was more that once worn around her neck. Also, that her scent would probably be all over it.

I sighed a deep sigh and closed my eyes as tight as I as I could. I tried to Image my mother, the days she spent with me before the 'something bad' happened. I knew what happened between them, but I couldn't talk about it. It would just make my heart ache and sink to the bottom of my stomach.

I finally opened my eyes and took off the top of the Yellow lid. I looked in to see light yellow tissue paper. I unraveled it and saw a beautiful bright gold necklace with a heart shaped locket. The locket had many small diamonds all over it engraving my moms initials on the front and my dads on the back.

My tears cleared, but slowly and I took it out of the box and held it out in the air. I looked at it from every aspect. I opened the locket to find a small picture of my mother holding me as a baby and on the other side of the locket, a picture of my mother and father kissing at their wedding. I smiled at the picture of my father and mother at their wedding. The picture reminded me of when I used to have tea parties with him and her.

I took the necklace and put it on my dresser with the box.

I went back to my bed and crawled under the covers looking for warmth. My grandmothers place was a cabin like place, practically surrounded my grass and hills. She lived near no one to be able to call them neighbors.

It was only 11:03 and I had to stay awake according to my plan. I was planning on leaving the house at three in the morning. No later than five. I wasn't going to leave Grace or Abby here, I planned on bringing them with me. I knew that when I woke them up that all I would get is questions about where we were going. To be honest... I had no idea. I was thinking about a hotel and in the morning we go and get fast food.

Now that I thought about it, I needed money. I could steel all the money in my grandmothers purse or maybe even her credit card. I really didn't know.

I decided that I would go to sleep and turn on my alarm on my IPod. I made it so that the alarm would go off at 2:15. It was only 11:09 now and so I wold get about three hours of sleep.