chapter six

Chapter six

"Are you sure your not hungry?" My Grandmother asked ever so politely.

I nodded and just kept on looking at her beautiful paintings. I wanted to ask if she had painted these, but I was to nervous to ask.

Until I was so captivated that I realized the words slipping out of my mouth.

"I painted every painting you see, my darling. Wait! Except this one," she stated.

She pointed to a painting that looked mostly like a garden landscape. When I mean a garden I mean the type of gardens with big bushes like the ones in England.

I smiled. I loved the painting and I told her so.

She said, "Your Grandfather painted it the day he proposed to me. It was absolutely wonderful and it still is. I can remember that day as if it was yesterday." A slight tear rolled down her cheek and I quickly wiped it away. She looked down at the floor and then smiled when I moved my hand away from her cheek.

She walked back into the kitchen and cut up a few Granny Smith Apples. My favorite type of apple.

"Girls' come and get your apples!" She announced.

We all walked back into the kitchen and ate the apples with silence. This silence was easier to handle than with the taxi driver! The taxi driver seemed rushed and not very confident in himself.

"How about you two girls go and get your pajamas on. Okay? Let me show you to your room real quick." she said in a normal, soft tone.

We followed her up the rickety and squeaky stairs to find three rooms on the top floor. One room held the restroom. The other two were bedrooms. Obviously two of us would have to share a room.

"Grace and Abby may share this room and Gwen, this room is all yours." she said looking as happy as ever.

I nodded and walked into their room. It was painted a light pink with bunk beds and a light pink carpet with a over sized closet, plus a vanity with a large mirror.

Then I walked across the hallway into my new room. It looked exactly the same except that my room was a nice light purple. My favorite color in the world.

I nodded and dropped my bags. As they made that loud ka-boom, it startled me.

Abby came into my room with her pajamas already on and squeezed my leg until I looked down at her.

"My room is pink sissy!" she said with the most joy I ever heard her speak with on the whole way here.

It made me feel awful that the incident even happened and that any of this even had to happen. I just felt terrible about it. I felt so bad that my stomach started to ache as I looked down at those beautiful blue eyes of hers.

"I know," I said.

"You girls should get to bed. The sun has already went down and it is ten forty two. Tomorrow we will talk about rules and when bed time is okay? Night and sleep tight!" she said in a grandma kind of way as I helped her put Abby and Grace to bed.