Chapter 12: Everything I've Never Had

"Lucy! Lucy! Lucy!" Levy shouted from across the other side of the hall as she spotted her blonde friend walking towards her direction, only a few students were rushing from side to side, since the bell was about to ring, which indicated that both Levy and Lucy were going to be late. There are three types of people in the halls. There are those like Levy, hurrying and sprinting to their class, trying to make it before the final 30 seconds hit the clock, and there are others like Lucy who simply didn't care and were taking their time as they casually strolled to class. And then there were those who didn't even have a class that period to begin with and were just on campus.

"Levy! Levy! Levy!" Lucy laughed as she mimicked Levy, "What's the hurry?"

"WE'RE GOING TO BE LATE!" Levy whisper shouted, trying to not distract the open classrooms around them. There were a few teachers standing in front of their doors, greeting their students as they walked in, but in contrast, some other classrooms were already beginning their work and getting started for the lesson.

"I know. That's why I'm taking my time-"

"ON MY RIDE!" Levy tried singing but failed as the lyrics came out in a piercing screech. She momentarily sang out the lyrics loud and proud, but soon came to realize that there were less than 15 seconds til' the bell rang. "NO! I HATE BEING LATE!" Levy grabbed Lucy's loose mint colored cashmere sweater, and dragged her along to English class, "But I also hate it when people stare as you're walking in late, so I need you to walk in first."

"Fineee," Lucy pouted, "It's not like I care anyways."

Just as they were making it to their destination, Jellal swiftly swung the wooden door open, which caused it to slap Lucy right on her face.

"Dammit!" Lucy cried as she opened her eyes. Everything was blurry and apparently everyone inside the classroom heard her shriek, so they all rushed out to check on the incident and everyone began conspiring.

"What happened?"

"Wait, what happened?"

"I think Jellal punched her in the face."

"Dumbass" Levy shook her head in disappointment at Jellal.

"I'm so sorry!" Jellal rushed next to Lucy, "I didn't see you! I just had to go pee really badly and couldn't hold it in anymore and-,"

"Jellal, what did you do this time?" Natsu asked, from the crowd of students as he walked to where they were.

"I-I accidently hit your-," Natsu slapped Jellal's arm and told him to shush.

The whole time Lucy was mentally face palming herself, 'It was just a door'.

"That's right peasant," Natsu snorted and Lucy shot him a glare, "Keep looking and while you're at it take a picture of my handsome face."

"No thanks, I don't want to break my phone."

Natsu crossed his arms and pouted as he turned to avoid Lucy. "Hmph!"

xXx

Halloween was just a couple days away, and Gray couldn't wait. October was his favorite month of the year, it always meant that his older sister Ultear would come to visit for a while. She was a college student but rarely visited, without her he felt very lonely inside. All of his other friends never payed too much attention to his problems, and his closest friend Natsu was always too busy for him.

"Do you have any siblings?" Gray sighed as he turned to face Lucy during class one day. He was bored and had already given up on the assignment long ago, while Lucy wrote away on the paper with her navy drafting pencil.