Lupa makes it awkward

Seth's POV

The sunlight burst through my eyes, shining through the missing foliage. I realize that Willa and I are lying against the log. Her head is on my chest, sound asleep. Someone placed a blanket over us. The tent is already down. Jackie and Quint are finishing packing our supplies. Two bagels are sitting on a paper plate beside me.

All seems peaceful but tense at the same time. Then I remember what day it is: Halloween. I shake Willa awake and we eat our makeshift breakfast in a flash. Soon the five of us start our hike through the forest. The only problem is we aren't sure where we are. With minutes, we are hopelessly not.

"How can we get to the fair?" Jackie states in a worried tone. "Romulus could be starting his plan right NOW!"

"Not without you, Jackie." I say quietly. I instantly regret that. Jackie takes off sprinting away from us. Quint sprints after her, shooting a hard look at me first.

"Seth, you know she's sensitive about that." Willa whispers, angrily. Rowan stares at us curiously. Hold on, she isn't staring at us...behind us. I turn around to see a wolf. It has a dark brown coat and sea green eyes. Unlike the one that murdered Amberlyn, this one is calm with human like eyes. It suddenly morphs into a human. The girl have long brown hair braided 3/4 the way down her back. She's wearing white top slung off one shoulder and jean short-shorts. She looks at me up and down and nods approvingly.

"Hey, I'm Lupa." She says, placing a hand on my shoulder. I retract and step next to Willa. Lupa is going to give away my biggest secret if she doesn't shut up and leave.

"Go away." I tell her bluntly. Willa's face is pale and she's transfixed on Lupa.

"I recognize you. Wolf-con 2010? You helped me at the cotton candy station." Lupa says cheerfully, disregarding my last comment.

"Shut up and go away."

"Oh, you didn't tell your girlfriend?" Lupa questions, nodding at Willa. She turns on her heels but as she walks away, she calls. "The haunted house is about 15 minutes' that way."

The she's gone. But the damage is done. Willa heard Lupa talking about me being a werewolf. I know when I turn around she'll be gone. I probably will never see her again. I spin around to find her looking at me with concern.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Willa says, lowering her eyes.

"I thought you would hate me if you knew. I... was scared."

"Seth, I love you. It doesn't matter who you are. You loved e even with Alyson. So will I." She stands on her tiptoes and kisses me gently. I push her hair back.

"I love you too." I whisper. "Come on, we got to go save the world now."

Willa smiles at me and we race off to tell the others.