Revamped

A/N Hey guys! So I think I will post one more chapter for New Years. I may finish sooner than I thought. Hope you enjoy! If you did, make sure to vote and fan! Or maybe leave some feedback down below! Thanx <3

Quint's POV

Pain, tell me, pain, tell me- it's the same thing. Eventually I manage to escape. Memories are blurred and I'm not exactly sure what I told Romulus. I don't want to know. Running through the woods all I have I my mind is Jackie. That's what got my through that pain. She is depending on you to not tell them, she's searching for you, she's not giving up. I kept telling myself that over and over. It's the only thing I was sure of.

How long I had been in there- I wasn't sure. It felt like an eternity. I started to doubt whether or not my friends had remained at our campsite. I could have been gone for weeks or days. It's dark, probably the middle of the night.  I somehow manage to stubble back to our campsite. It wasn't too far away or maybe it was and I was too confused to tell the difference between distances. The tents are still pitched and a small fire is burning into ember. Jackie is sitting leaning her head against Willa. She looks so sad; her red hair is still in its braid. My sense of time has caught up too me and calculate it's probably been a day.

"Quint?" Seth says, staring at me. Rowan is sleeping in his lap. Suddenly Jackie is hugging me. I'm hugging her. The others are around us but I don't want to let go.

After getting some new clothes and food, they ask about what happened. Jackie already filled them in on what happened on the night I was kidnapped so I go from there. My dad and the wolves took me to some portal and we ended up in an old room. They would ask me where they where, but I won't talk. So they would torture me- cut me, threaten the others. They eventually got Romulus to come in and use dark magic on me in attempt to get information.

"I remember I resisted every time until-till the trick," I whisper, I fumble over my words. Suddenly all the movement stops.

"Trick?" Jackie says. She sounds...off.

"When they ran out of ideas, they told me they already had you guys. That they had found you. They said they were planning on executing each of you until I told the prophecy. I was scared that they would. That they were telling the truth," I pause, "So I told them what I remembered. They walked away, laughing."

You could hear a pin drop. No one moved. No one even breathed. Jackie spoke first.

"You... told them?" I could hear the hurt and anger in her voice. I realised what was in that prophecy, the advantage Romulus now has.

"Jackie-" I began but she cut me off.

"You told them," It sounding like she telling herself that; not me. I see her eyes glistening with tears as she turns away.

"I-" I tried again but she cut me off again more anger in her voice.

"Go away."

"What?"

"I said go away!" She yells turning. Her voice echoes through the dark. I stare at her, bewildered and confused.  "You told them. Now they know- they know they can kill me!"

Seth and Willa stare at me with a betrayed look. I turn back to Jackie. She's so hurt and it's my fault. I gave away the only advantage she had. Now her life is at even more risk.  I take one last look at my friends then hang my head. I turn and begin to walk away, hoping they may come back after me. But they're not going to. So I sprint. Faster then I ever have before. My friends hate me. I can't go back. I'm a traitor. When Jackie dies, it will be my fault. I slump against a tree and cry in the darkness.

"Don't regret your mistakes, they only make you stronger," A voice announces. I look up to see the slivery glowing form of Drusilla. She has a piece of thread in her hand, weaving it in and out of patterns. She floats down next to me.

"Hey, Dru. Guess you saw me mess up?"

"Quint, your heart follows what you want. What do you want to follow?" She says tying her thread into a map.

"You know I want to follow her, but I can't risk hurting her anymore."

"Forget the risk and take the fall. If it's what you want, it's worth it all." I perk up and look at Drusilla. Her eyes are looking at me expectantly. I know what she means. I leap to my feet.

"You're right, Dru. Thanks! Bye!" I say quickly and sprint towards the camp before they leave.