Meeting the Secretary

I head to the office.As I look around,the place is really nice.Freshly polished floors,clean windows,and pretty posters.

The students though are the exact opposite.I guess because I'm the new girl they're judging me, checking me up and down.

What's their problem? Trust me I have a solution.

I go into the office and greeted with an eye roll.Really lady I don't even know you."Good Morning"...."Did you lose something"?
I mean she's staring at me like I'm a rotten dog poo.

She replies "No just wondering"........"Why they always let the lowlifes in",she muttered.

"Excuse me?",I asked.

She looked at me than her eyes went wide.She thought I didn't hear her."Um...my bad I was thinking about a text message from my friend".

Yeah right.

"Any way what can I help you with"?,she asked.

"Can you print my schedule out"?,I asked ,sorta like demanded.

"Yeah hold on a minute"

"Can you hurry because the bell is about to ring?"

"Wouldn't want that to happen would we?",she smirked.

She took five minutes.

Riiiiiiinnnnnngggggg. The bell just rung.
Now she hands me my schedule."Sorry for the inconvenience. Don't want to be late for your first class.", she sarcastically.Then she added" Low life".

"Heard that !"I yell as our walk out of the office .

I can't believe this.Why would she say that?I didn't do anything to her.

Mama's kiss would have came in handy.I take one last look into the office to see glossy tiles, matching curtains,and furniture. Big bright blue letters cover a banner" Welcome to Greatness Prep" .

Then I think to myself "What have I gotten myself into?". I walk into the hallway.

It's empty, I guess I better get to class.