Chapter 12

Chapter 12

As it took me a while to respond I was surprised that he asked me so suddenly, you’d think that after having a fight with a douchbag that nobody would consider that you are person to take out on a Saturday. It seems that Cole is unlike most people. Honestly, I didn’t know what to say on one hand I could go out and have fun like I used to. Or I could stay home and drink my chocolate milk and watch all my favorite movies by myself...  

This was such a hard decision...

I really haven’t had that much time to myself seeing as Shannan always seems to be home nowadays. Then again I haven’t gone out with a guy since last summer. Hmmm.... I looked over at him as he patiently waited for my response. If that were me, if I were to ask him to go to the movies and he took this much time to answer I’d get frustrated and quit. That thought alone made the corners of my lips turn up. I shrugged. “Yeah I’ll go, sounds like fun.”

He smiled brightly. “Great, Saturday’s okay right?” He glanced at me as he started working on his math problems.

I rifled through my bag for a pencil and started of my problems myself. “Yeah, hey I have a question.” I started to study on my math harder this time so I was hoping that I could get some of these problems right.

He looked towards me curiously. “What’s up?” A third of his problems were already done, are you kidding me. I was starting to get a migraine just thinking about how fast his brain works.

I looked back up at him and furrowed my brows. “Why aren’t you in pre-calc? You’re obviously qualified.” This has been on my mind ever since he got here, rushing through problems like they were nothing. I was envious.

Cole gave me that smile that you’d give a child when they ask you a stupid question. “Well when I moved here things got a little mixed up because of my father and the records that were supposed to get transferred... It was like they never existed when I got here so I’ll have to take the classes over again.” He looked back down at his paper and started answering more problems. “Oh and when I was at my old school I already passed pre-calc.”

Dumbfounded, absolutely dumbfounded... I shook my head. “That’s crazy, how does that even happen...?” He shrugged and I just blew out an annoying breath. “So that means you and Avery are on the same level right, I can’t believe you’re supposed to be in calculus.”

“Yeah but its not bad Algebra 2 is easy and there are a lot of things I like about being in this class.” He smiled as he worked.

Nothing else was said after that the class went on silently as I started to actually finish my worksheet, I didn’t feel like asking Cole of he would look at it. He’d only erase all of it and I’d have to try again, I went back over my work by myself with a calculator and smiled in satisfaction, looks correct to me.            

I looked at the clock to see that we had ten more minutes. I looked over at Cole to see what he was doing but when I noticed him already looking at me he looked away then back at his phone again. I smiled and grabbed his paper. “I’m going to go turn these in.” As I walked up to the teachers desk I checked over my answers to see that most of them were right. I was glad all this studying was paying off.

When I got back to my seat I saw him playing that candy game again, I pointed to it as I spoke. “Hey what’s that game, you must really like it.” I put my pencil back in my backpack getting ready for the bell to ring.

Cole looked up at me as I sat on the table. “It’s called Candy Crush. Its a pretty fun game, you’re supposed to switch the candies around to reach your goal. It gets hard after a while and I’ve been on this same level for a while now, I can’t get past it.”