Chapter One: Gone Missing

August 20

Five days ago Emma and Jake had just gotten married. They’d been engaged for two years since their sophomore year and they finally had their big day. Now the day has come for Jake to be shipped off. The tears soaked Emma’s face as Jake held her in his arms. In a soft whisper Jake said, “I’ll be back soon, I promise. I’ll write you as much as possible.” Emma nodded softly as Jake forced himself to pull away from his wife. Before Jake could bored the bus Emma run to him and slimmed something into his hand. She gave him a kiss on the cheek then turn to leave. On the bus Jake opened his hand up and discovered a picture of the two of them two years ago. A smile played across his lips.

The first letter arrived on August 25…

August 23

Jake,

I have some news. I hope you’re ready to become a father because I’m pregnant! I don’t know how to tell our parents without you here. It’s going to be hard but I’ll get through this. I love you babe. Write back soon.

Your Loving Wife,

Emma 

August 30

Emma,

I can’t believe it! We’re going to be parents! When’s the baby due or do you know yet? You’re probably not that far along yet. I miss you baby doll. I miss seeing your beautiful smile, I miss your sweet kisses, and most of all I miss your body being against mine. I love you baby doll! Don’t take too long writing back!

Your Husband,

Jake 

The letters came for a few weeks then one day stopped coming…