Midnight Tea; Let Me See

Song of the chapter-

Say Something by A Great Big World

Alex-

He laid and listened to me, warm, slightly calloused hand roaming freely over the skin of my side which he pulled my shirt up slightly to reveal. It was easy to do this; to read, because its something I love.

"I had a long walk home and no company, but I usually lone it anyway, for no reason except that I like to watch movies undisturbed so I can get into them and live them with the actors"

I read the words freely and unbothered, my voice low, but loud enough for Harry to hear in his quiet room since he had shut off the tv to listen to me. Sometimes Harrys hand trails up my side too far that it tickles, making me giggle as I read, causing him to murmur a soft sorry before silencing for me to go on. I shiver as he touches my skin, his affection always making me react in such a way that it never ceases to amaze me.

I keep on reading, finishing chapter one and heading into chapter two. A while went by before I noticed that Harrys hand is now unmoving upon my side, making me peer up to him from my book to find that he had drifted off while I had been reading to him. I quietly, and gently, shut my book and set it at the end of the bed, being sure I hadn't stirred Harry in his sleep as I sat up.

I stretch my back once I have my legs over the side of the bed, smiling when I stand up and take a good look at Harry. His arm is laid out beside him from when I'd unwrapped it from myself, and he now feels the sheets for a source of something to hold onto before bringing it up to rest it on his chest. I lean over and take the corner of the blanket, softly pulling it over him so he doesn't get cold. I grab one of Harrys sweaters off the floor and pull it over my head to keep me warm as well, finding myself wondering into the kitchen out of knowing I won't be able to fall asleep, because I'm not that tired.

When I find Niall sitting on the couch watching tv in the living room I'm surprised, because its almost midnight.

"Oh, hey Alex. Couldn't sleep either?" He smiles when he catches me in his peripheral vision, his familiar smile taking place on his face as he looks at me.

I smile back at him and take a glance at what he's watching, making him do the same.

"I don't know why I like cooking shows, so don't ask." He murmurs in a little bit of embarrassment, making me giggle.

"Is Harry asleep?" He asks me.

I nod my head in response, my bare, cold feet carrying me further across the living room so I can reach the kitchen to maybe make some tea.

"Lou is at Eleanor's. You know, because he missed her and all that." He tells me.

When I reach the kitchen door I wave my hand as a signal for him to come in with me, because he talks a lot and he can entertain me and keep me company while the water boils. He gets off the couch and walks through the door with me, leaning against the counter as I start the water.

"Brianna and I have a date tomorrow." Niall informs me.

I turn around with a smile of excitement on my face as I set the kettle on the flame, also realizing that I haven't seen the other girls in a while. Nialls cheeks are pink, and I find it adorable at how shy he is about her.

"It's not a big deal, just the movies." He tries to brush it off.

"Mm-hmmm." I hum sarcastically, rolling my eyes.

He laughs his laugh that causes you to laugh too, and shakes his head before turning around to grab two mugs from the cabinet behind him, realizing what I had came in here to make. I don't really know where the tea bags would be so I let him get them out, helping him unwrap them and stick them in as the water begins to boil.

"Things are a lot different now that you're around." I hear Niall say after a while of him talking about him and Brianna's plans for tomorrow from beside me as I pour water into the mugs.

I give him a curious look as to ask him what he means, turning around to place the kettle onto the stove again as he begins to talk.

"For one, Eleanor finally has a girl to hang out with while she's over here." He laughs.

"And Harrys a lot happier, which makes up happier."

Out of how long I've known Niall, I've learned that he has a big, huge heart. He cares what others are feeling and he isn't afraid to show compassion to others. When I smile bashfully he chuckles.

"Harry wasn't always that happy. I'm not meaning it in a way that he was moping around and stuff, but I could always tell there was something missing about him only when I started to know him well enough. And then once we all got close and started living together before the apartments, and I learned that his dad died, I knew that was it." He tells me.

"I've never even met his Mum and sister." He informs me.

"But I don't see that something's missing in him anymore." He smiles.

His words made my cheeks turn pink, my chest warm.

"But, other than that, I think you've finally come out of your shell around us, missy." Niall says, almost as if he's proud for me.

I laugh and lean over to bump his side softly before retrieving a spoon to stir sugar into our teas. He tells me some stories about their camping trip, of how it was so cold that they couldn't do half the stuff they wanted to do, and how his luggage is still in the car in the parking lot because he was too lazy to bring it in this morning.

My attention is stolen from Nialls words as I see the kitchen door crack open, a sleepy eyed, messy haired, and now shirtless Harry coming into my view.

"There you are." His voice is full of sleep, making it raspy, slower, and deeper than usual, sending my heart to race.

"Hey Ni." He then acknowledges him next to me.

"Just keeping Alex company, she made me tea." He holds up his mug to Harry who now saunters into the kitchen.

I lean against the counter in front of the cups, where I guess Harry is aiming for as he comes up to me. I can't help but watch the way his muscles contract under his skin as he reaches over me to open the cupboard, taking a cup and shutting it before smiling down at me. My heart skips a beat as his hand takes hold of mine for a second, thumb rubbing over the back of my hand before disconnecting from me to get his water.

"I was telling Alex about our camping trip, and how we couldn't even go canoeing because it was so cold." Niall speaks to Harry.

Harry chuckles into his cup as he takes a drink, his eyes flickering to me over the rim. I'd wandered if he caught me looking at his toned, but not too toned chest, the v lines that are visible because of his low hanging sweats.

"Are you nervous for tomorrow?" Harry asks Niall as he places his cup in the sink, making me watch the was his back muscles move as he does so.

"Well yeah, of course." Niall scoffs with a laugh as if its a known, proven fact.

"Don't be." Harry laughs.

I want to run my hands through his unruly curls and trace my fingers over his sleepy features.

When he yawns I smile a little at how I'd thought of a tired little puppy, even though I had just been swooning over his masculine muscles a mere minute ago. Their voices are muffled as I think to myself, until I hear Harry say my name.

"You coming back with me?" He asks, his eyes looking even sleepier then when he'd walked in.

I nod my head and grab my mug of tea, sending Niall a smile as he tells me goodnight. When I lift myself off the counter with the use of the muscles in my legs, I'd prayed that Harry didn't catch the uncomfortable wave that washed over me as the feeling of the tender skin being bothered coursed through me. But his gaze that was on me didn't seem to signal that he noticed anything strange. I trail after Harry into his bedroom, setting my mug onto his nightstand as he flops onto his bed. I sit at the end by his feet, moving The Outsiders out of my way and pointing at my tea for him to hand it to me once I was sat properly. I sip at the warm, sweet liquid once he does.

"I'm not going to be able to fall alseep with you over there." Harry murmurs after a minute or two of his eyes being sealed shut, leaning up onto his elbows to look at me.

I take a drink of my tea again before shuffling off the bed, gently setting down the coffee cup on his nightstand again before stripping off his sweater, not liking to have lots of clothing on while sleeping. He waits for me to get under the covers with him until getting comfortable, my legs tangling with his, arm draped over his chest as I laid against the side of his body.

"What are you still doing with these on?" Harry chuckles softly, hand trailing over the material of my sweats underneath the covers.

He asks this because its usual for me to be in just a shirt when I sleep with him, liking the skin contact between our legs when they are wrapped around one another's, it makes me feel warmer and more content and safe at night. I shrug my shoulders indifferently, although I know the exact reason for it, because I feel it each time my legs rub together.

On instinct, without any thought to it, my hand shoots out to be placed over Harrys when his hands find their way to the band of my sweatpants.

"What's wrong?" Harry asks me, shocked by my actions, and by my now tensed body beside him.

I shake my head against his chest, not even daring to look at him, because he will see the worry and fear in my eyes, I know he will.

"Why did you just get scared?"

When I don't answer, and when I don't move an inch, our hands still frozen over each others on my hip, he talks again.

"I touch you all the time Alex, what was the problem this time? You always sleep without them on, I didn't think it would bother y-"

I interrupt him by lifting my body off his, my heart beating fast.

"Alex." He laughs in shock.

"Can you tell me what just happened?"

I feel bad, because I can hear the sleepiness in his voice, the want to fall asleep.

"Nothing." I murmur, sat up, my back to him as I say this, hoping that would convince him enough to let it go.

It's silent, and it kills me. Because that means that this isn't just going to be dropped.

"Alex..." Harry says softly, making my heart go haywire at his tone of voice; the mind wandering, curious, guessing, and maybe even, knowing tone.

"Why are you hiding your legs from me?" His voice sounded defeated, as if he's connecting everything together.

Like when I'd slowed down our kissing session in the car before it could've been taken too far when we had left the lake. At how I'd lied to him about having a panic attack while he was away, because maybe he sensed I was lying. At how he'd just seen me react to the pain in the kitchen; which now I knew he probably had.

"Let me see."

***

:ooooo

Hope you enjoyed! Comment and vote please, and follow my fan accounts on instagram!:D

@heartbeatofficial ( I follow, won't say who I am, sorry) @lovingthatheartbeat @heartbeatxfan @heartbeat_fanfic @heartbeatharry @heartbeat_lovers
@heartbeatwattpad
@your_heart_beat_