Bookstore; The Outsiders

Song of the chapter-

Kiss me by Ed Sheeran

Alex-

One of my most favorite things to do is walk around town with Harry, when it's cold and about to rain all around. We'd left the lake at least an hour ago, and he'd parked the car on the side of the road so we could get out and walk around to look at all the little stores and boutiques that are beginning to be decorated for Christmas.

His arm is draped over my shoulder as I peer through windows with wondering eyes, and I can feel his eyes on me as I study the decorations on display. We'd walked a block and crossed the street to make our way back down to his car, a new set of shops to view on the other side of the road we now walk on.

My hands are quite cold as a result to the chilling weather swirling around us, so I stick my hand that is not wound around Harrys waist underneath his jacket to contact his warm skin, making him squirm with a chuckle.

"Your hands are like ice cubes." He tells me, but he lets them stay put for my hands sake.

"This looks like your kind of store." Harry speaks, making my attention divert to where his finger points to.

When I see a book store ahead of us, the old, worn down ones that always seem appealing to me, I smile up at him and tug him towards it. He follows me inside willingly and unbothered, the warm air inside aiding my pink cheeks and nose. I find it adorable that Harrys are the same way, making his eyes look bright and his lips to look a shade pinker. He walks behind me with his hands in his pockets as I walk down aisles, his eyes only scanning over the books, wheres, my fingers trail over the bindings as I read the titles.

"You like old books, don't you?" Harry asks from behind me, my eyes strained on reading the back of a mystery book in my hold.

I nod my head absentmindedly to answer his spoken question, because really, I like all books. Romance, mystery, action, poetry, you name it.

"This one is The Outsiders." He murmurs.

When I look over my shoulder he's looking down at the cover; the cover that seems to be worn and old. The edges are fraying and the bindings are loose, so I can tell many people have rented it to read and brought it back over the years. I set the book I'd been holding and walk to Harry, taking the book from his cold, large hands to take a look at it.

"Have you seen the movie?" He asks me.

I laugh and look up to him with raised eyebrows, because who hasn't?

"I take that as a yes." He chuckles.

"But I haven't." He tells me.

I take my eyes off the page I'd opened the book up to, smirking a little before outstretching my arm to give him the book, nodding my head down to it.

"I'm not going to read it." He chuckles.

"If I'm not willing to see the movie I'm not going to be willing to read the book." He laughs.

I shake my head with a roll of my eyes, my interest turning back to the admirable book.

"I can buy it for you though and you can read it for me, you seem to have a liking for it." He tells me.

I shake my head softly and set it back down on the shelf, not wanting him to spend his money on something he doesn't need to spend it on. I take his hand to start leading him out of the shop before he stops me, hand reaching out to grab The Outsiders off the shelf I had just put it on.

"I'm getting it for you." He tells me when I look at him curiously.

I shake my head and hum a no to him, showing my dissaproval for it.

"Alex, it's ten bucks. Think about this poor book, never being bought in this worn down place, just sitting here forever, all lonely and waiti-"

I laugh aloud and slap his chest softly to make him stop rambling on about the book, stumbling upon my feet as he spins me around to wrap his arm around my shoulders from behind, the book that is still clasped in his hands dangling over my jacket-covered chest as we walk in a similar way to penguins down the aisle, his feet mirroring mine from behind as he hugs me.

"I want you to come to work with me some time." Harry tells me, chin rested on my shoulder.

I turn my head ever so slightly to give him a curious gaze.

"Remember on one of our first dates when I said you should come take a class of mine? I still want you to."

I wanted to laugh so loud at the thought. Because me, in a self protection class? That would just be dangerous for others. I'm not very coordinated.

"What? Why are you laughing about it?" He chuckles.

I shake my head to brush it off as we reach the register, Harry releasing me to pay for the book, telling the old woman who supposedly owns the place that we don't need a bag before we walk out. Harry runs his hands together as the cold wind sweeps around us once again, book clamped under his arm.

"I say we go home, it's freezing." Harry admits before I take his hand in agreement, making him groan as I start to skip ahead of him, fingers still laced through mine tightly as he trails behind me with his long legs, trying to keep up with me at a jogging pace.

I ignored the sting against my thighs. Because I was happy, and I wasn't going to let it be torn away from me.

Harry-

Being back in my bedroom with Alex is comforting. After being in a tent with Niall this past week, it's a major, major upgrade. We'd changed into comfortable clothes because we both know that we will end up staying the night together as always, it's not even something that really needs to be planned out or thought of anymore. It's hard to sleep without her in an odd way, it doesn't geeky the same.

"Why are you all the way over there? Come back." I speak to Alex who stands across my bedroom at my dresser, her sweat pants hanging low on her hips, displaying a strip of skin between them and her shirt, the spot where she'd been a mere minute ago growing cold.

She turns around with a breathtaking smile, the book I had bought her today in her hands which I'm guessing she got up to get.

She crawls back into my bed with me and huddles under the sheets again, resting back into her previous position she had been in before, body laid closely next to mine, head rested on my chest and her leg slightly over mine as she curled softly against me.

My tv plays in the background as she opens the first page of the book, my fingers tracing that strip of skin between her sweats and shirt. She's soft and warm, her sweet smelling perfume filling my senses as I listen to the sound of the pages to her book turning.

"Why do you think you like to read so much?" I wonder aloud as I watch her.

I've always been curious about that. If maybe it's because she doesn't speak much, so she engrosses herself in reading others words.

She peels her striking blue eyes off the pages to look up at me through bared eyelashes, shrugging her shoulders as if she's never really given it much thought to be able to have an answer.

"Maybe its because you don't talk much, you know? Maybe that's why you like to read so much."

I try and explain my thoughts to her in words, hoping it didn't come out in another way where she could take it as an offense or become hurt it any possible way. But she does the complete opposite and smiles, nodding her head in agreement as if she'd just come to realization about it.

"I like that about you, how you read so much." I squeeze her hip and she squirms next to me because its ticklish, her hold on the book tightening in surprise.

"Will you do something for me?" I ask her.

When she immediately nods her head without an once of hesitation or even a blink, I smile to myself. She really would do anything for me, wouldn't she? Because I would, and I know she's aware of that. Because I've told her countless, no, a numerous amount of times that I would do anything she asked me to.

"Would you read that to me? Out loud?"

I speak my wants to her, glancing to the book that she still holds onto. I know that if she does, my heart will beat like a drum against her cheek as she reads the words off the pages with absolute ease, because that's something she's good at; reading.

The words will flee past her lips with no thought to it, being like a no brainer kind of thing. I know her voice will be soft and sweet, making me feel warm and happy inside. I feel her move in closer to me, one of her hands lying flat against my chest as she supports the book with on, resting it against me for help.

I feel her breathing, as if she's thinking it over. I run my fingers over the skin of her hip as I wait patiently for her decision. And when I hear her take in a breath and begin to read to me in that sweet, soft voice I knew she would do it in, my heart races just as I'd predicted.

"When I stepped into the bright sunlight from the darkness of the movie house, I had only two things on my mind: Paul Newman and a ride home......"

Her voice was like a melody and all I could do was listen to her with a faint smile on my lips, her gentle voice filling my ears, making my heart pound at an unhealthy rate.

Sorry it's short I'm in trouble and I've got my phone taken away so I have to sneak around on my Ipod aha. I just did this all in one sitting so I hope it's not boring or things aren't too misspelled or anything.

Comment and vote please:)

And please follow these fan accounts on IG: @heartbeatofficial ( I follow, won't say who I am, sorry) @lovingthatheartbeat @heartbeatxfan @heartbeat_fanfic @heartbeatharry @heartbeat_lovers
and
@heartbeat_alex_harry_ <33