The Painful Truth

Now that I am sure, I am no longer scared to go back, I miss my mother, and I am beginning to realize that I can't stay here, I am looking paler and paler, feeling weaker and weaker... this life I am living, was never meant to be permanent... what happened to me I don't know for sure but whatever it is, it has been keeping me here, afraid to face my reality. I am not well. So I close my eyes with the intent to rest, I begin to see images so clear running through my mind... memories, some make me smile, some are sad, Jake, he is a sad memory... wait... I get it now, I have been here pretending to have the life I wish I would have had next to Jake but... but, the reality is... he is the reason why I have been asleep all this time, this memory is so painful, I loved him so much and he...he God how could I be so naive. I am ready now, I open my eyes and there I am laying on the hospital bed, my mother sitting next to me she suddenly realizes I have woken up and quickly gets up, in excitement, "Jake, she is awake" she calls out, Jake? I turn my face and and there he is sitting by the door, raising his then lowered head to look at me... " Mom, is it Jake who tried to kill me" I say with difficulty, as tears run down my face, they both turn to look at me, mom looks horrified and Jake well he just didn't see this coming.