Clueless

I could hear him call out my name in the background, I heard him repeat it over and over again a few times but then the sound of his voice slowly began to fade away until it disappeared completely. I must have slept for hours because when I woke up I felt so rested, I had never felt better; I woke up to the sound of my mother knocking on my door, "Wake up Anne, come on you don't want to be late for your own graduation!" What?! How I could forget, I quickly jump out of bed and get ready as fast as I can, I run downstairs where my parents have been waiting for me for a while, my dad snaps a quick picture of me before we leave; I don't think I've ever felt happier in my life, I know it's just a high school graduation but everything was exactly just as I had always imagined; my mother dressed in a red dress it brings out the bright blue in her eyes and my father smiling, looking so bright, so proud; we quickly get in the car and, and. I can hear her in the background crying, I hear her cry for a while but then her cry diminishes,and I wake up all of a sudden, how long was I asleep for? what a weird dream; my cell phone rings, ugh I hate this ring tone I feel like I've had it forever, it's my boyfriend Jake, we met on our sophomore year of college and well, I can say we have a pretty good and stable relationship, he keeps me grounded and I feel comfortable around him, he might just be "the one" "morning babe, just wanted to say hi and remind you that I will be picking you up at 6 tonight," I love hearing his voice it makes me feel safe; good morning I reply with a smile on my face, "yes,yes I remember, I will be ready at 6, are you finally going to tell me where we're going?" I ask; laughing, he replies "that's the point of a surprise, you're not supposed to know, now stop being impatient; anyway I gotta go, I am running late for class, love you!" "okay, love you too, see you later!" I reply. Later that night he gets to my place right at 6, I am ready to head out the door as I promised, he is acting a bit strange today but I don't give it a lot of thought, he holds my hand a bit tighter than usual as we walk to his car. Finally we get to the place where my surprise awaits; "wow this is all too weird! this is the place where I always imagined"...no, I better not tell him I think to myself, he might feel like I am pressuring him and that's the last thing I want. There is a guy waiting for us and asks us to follow him, we walk through a long hallway, I could barely see as there was barely any light, don't know why but my heart is beating at least ten times faster than usual, and as we approach what seems like a door I...I. "Shh, she can hear you" I hear them whisper, I feel the warmth touch of his hand on mine I can feel him staring at me. "Babe, babe did you hear anything I just said?" Jake is staring at me, he is laying next to me as we get some sun at the beach, "I am sorry love I think I fell asleep", I reply "come on, am I that boring that you're already falling asleep at our honeymoon?" with a smile I reply, "no it's not that I just, I don't know I must be tired I guess", he kisses my lips "alright, get up, we are going to do something fun!" we both get up, okay what do you suggest? I ask, "how about parasailing, and then we can ride a helicopter all around the island?" he suggests, "it's like you read my mind!" I reply. Our honeymoon was amazing it was everything I imagined it would be, detail by detail. By the end of the week it was time to head back home. "I had such a great time, but I must admit I am ready to head back to my job, my house, our dogs;" I comment as we pack, Jake stops what he is doing and walks up to me, he kisses my forehead, embraces me and whispers in my ear "I am glad I get to spend the rest of my life with you" all of this is pretty surreal, I couldn't be any luckier but at that moment I feel like something is missing; I can't remember any of these great accomplishments in my life; Jake goes back to finish packing, I wonder if I should tell him that even though I know it happened I can't remember us getting married, no mater how hard I try; I close my eyes but as usual every time I do that I hear whispers in the back of my head, sometimes they cry, sometimes they laugh, sometimes they say everything is going to be okay.