The Unvirginity Pledge- ughjen

Title: The Unvirginity Pledge

Author: ughjen

Summary: Rule #1: Every person in the room must participate. 

Rule #2: The group decides what the person must do, and the consequence. 

Rule #3: No backsies.

Ava Lasola: The school’s tomboy. Her pledge: become the school’s newest It girl in two months with a complete makeover and slutty turnaround.

Hannah Greene: The school’s bad girl. Her pledge: turn their class’s gay guy straight.

Jay Kader: The school’s “gayest guy”. His pledge: make out with as many girls as possible.

Nick Braydon: The school’s football captain. His pledge: get to third base with his best (straight) friends.

They say alcohol is the best path to regret. But by the time Ava got to her third drink, the entire room was already playing “The Unvirginity Pledge”—the one game where one chosen person in the room is responsible for each person’s pledge. It’s only considered a “game” until the school’s tomboy has to slut it up in order to get the most guys, but is it worse when her best friend Hannah has no choice but to turn a gay guy straight? When the school’s finally-out-of-the-closet kid has to get in with the opposite sex? When the school’s football captain has to figure out a way to get to third base with his best friends?

And the consequence being your entire reputation?

Game on.

Status: Incomplete

Rating: PG-13

Personal Comments: Not gonna lie. This is the sort of book I normally despise. But something is different about this book. All the characters are so well developed, their thoughts and feelings accurate to their situation (as in they aren't just mindless sex-driven kids like most of these sort stories suggest) and there is an element of building relationships between the characters which I adore. Each of the four POVs is unique and has it's own voice. If you want a well written story about pledges and games and such, this is much better than other ones I've seen. 

Other: As far as I can tell, the author of this book is on hiatus, and hasn't updated in several months. I'm kind of hoping when they see this they might continue the story, because I love it to pieces.

Out of ten: 8/10 from me! (Fans of the book/author are welcome to leave their own opinions in the comments box)