Chapter 9: Detention with Draco

I arrived at the Great Hall several minutes before dinner. The room was next to empty and I sat myself down at the Gryffindor table. A short while later, I was joined by the Weasley twins who sat on either side of me.

"So we heard that you and Malfoy blinded our brother in potions today." Fred said in a low angry voice. 

"Poor Ron just got out of the Hospital Wing." George said. 

"Yeah and Madam Promfrey said his vision will never be the same again." Fred finished.

"What?" I asked, appalled. "Oh my gosh! I didn't mean too. Malfoy threw a spider at me and I jumped back and I bumped into Ron's table and his potion spilled. It was an accident, I swear! Is Ron ok? How bad is his vision? He isn't blind is he? I feel so terrible. I can't believe that I ruined Ron's vision!"

I felt tears welling up in my eyes. I felt so bad. I can't believe that I permanently ruined Ron's vision.

"Whoa! Chill Mira!" George said, putting an arm around me.

"Yeah, everything is fine." Fred said.

"Everything is not fine! I practically blinded your brother!" I sobbed.

"No you didn't! We were only joking!" George said.

"Yeah we thought it was rather hilarious!"

"So Ron's ok?" I asked.

"To our utter disappointment, yes, he is fine. Though he does think that you and Malfoy planned the whole thing out." George laughed. 

"Are you kidding me? Has he seen the way Malfoy treats me?" 

The twins shrugged just as Ron himself walked into the Great Hall, followed by Harry. Ron glared daggers at me as he passed us searching for a seat. Harry on the other hand gave me a weak smile, which I returned. 

I turned to Fred and said, "Should I apologize to him?" 

"I wouldn't, he's not going to believe you so it's better not to waste your breath." He replied. 

I nodded. The food magically appeared on the tables and everyone dug in. The twins piled their plates with more food than I could eat in a day. I had lost my appetite after hearing that Ron thought that I knocked over his potion on purpose, so I only moved my food around with my fork, not eating any of it. I felt bad enough for what happened without Ron blaming me for intentionally doing it.

After dinner, I headed towards Snape's office, dreading my detention. I heard footsteps following behind me and I turned to see who was following.

"What are you looking at Mason?" Draco said venomously.

I rolled my eyes and continued walking. When I reached Snape's office, I knocked on the door.

"Enter." I heard his voice say from the other side.

I opened the door and slipped inside. Professor Snape was sitting at his desk, his hands were folded and he wore an angry expression.

"Sit." He said, motioning to one of the two chairs in front of his desk. As soon as I sat down, Malfoysulked into the room. He sat in the chair next to me and no one said a word for a great deal of time.

Suddenly Snape spoke, turning his attention to me. "I am greatly dissapointed in you Mason."

I hung my head and Malfoy snickered.

"You too Malfoy!" Snape snapped at him, whipping the smug look off of his face. "I will be sure to notify you father about this incident. I am positive he will be greatly angered that his son was the cause of it."

For once Malfoy actually looked worried. 

"As punishment, you will each be writing a detailed essay about a potion of your choice, you must state its effects on the drinker, possible side-effects, how to brew it, and what might happen if it is brewed incorrectly. Your essay must be at least two feet of parchment long."

"Is that it?" Malfoy asked.

"No Mr. Malfoy, you will also have to work together in class for the rest of the term."

"WHAT?" Draco shouted while I just groaned. "I don't want to work with this Mudblood everyday!"

'And I don't want to work with a jerk like you everyday.' I silently added. 

"You have no choice in the matter. You will be working together and if either of you disrupt my class ever again, I'll see to it that both of you get expelled. Now get out of my sight, both of you!" Snapeyelled.

I jumped up and left as quickly as I could without running. Malfoy followed closely behind me and once we were out in the hall, he said, "This is all your fault, Mason."

"My fault? I'm not the one who threw the spider!"

"And I'm not the one who freaked out, screaming like a girl and spilling potion everywhere!"

"First off Malfoy, I am a girl, you stupid git! And secondly, I wouldn't have knocked over the potion if you hadn't of thrown a spider at me!" I yelled and started to walk away.

"What did you call me?" Draco yelled, grabbing my arm and yanking me to a halt.

"I called you a stupid git!" I said glaring at him, and wrenching my wrist out of his grasp.

"Don't you dare call me that, you filthy little worthless Mudblood!" He spat, pulling out his wand and pointing it at my face.

I was about to grap my own wand out of my pocket when somebody came running down the hall shouting, "What is going on?"

The student stopped in front of us. He had red hair which matched his Gryffindor robes, and he was wearing a prefect badge. 

"None of your business, Weasley." Malfoy sneered, lowing his wand. 

Another Weasley? They are everywhere! How many of them are there? 

"That is no way to talk to a prefect, five points from Slytherin. Now I suggest you two get back to your Common room before I deduct anymore points from you House." 

Malfoy glared at him and then briskly walked away. 

"Thanks." I said, and then walked away as well, keeping a safe distance from Malfoy. 

When I reached my common room, I went straight to my dorm which was empty, and got ready for bed. I had trouble falling asleep so I just stared out the window which looked out into the depths of the Black Lake. Every once in a while, I'd catch a glimpse of a fish swimming by. After a while, I finally drifted off into a light sleep. 

A/N: First off, I am sooo sorry for not uploading in like forever! I've been so busy with school and I also had a lot of trouble writing this chapter. No matter how many times I revised it, I could never get it to turn out how I wanted it to turn out. That is why it sucks! I finally just gave up on working on it and just published it cause it has been way to long since the last time I uploaded. So anyways, I'm sorry it's such a crappy chapter, but I promise I'll make it up to you with the next chapter. Please comment, vote, and fan! :) 

P.S. I'll probably come back to this chapter sometime in the future and rewrite it, because I really do hate how it turned out. :/