Chapter 8: Draco Malfoy, Quit Being a Prat!

Sunday morning started off horribly. Unfortunately, I didn't wake up before the other girls, and I had to undergo their snide remarks as I got ready. When I finally climbed the stairs out of the girls dormitory and into the common room, I was faced with Malfoy who decided it would be funny to trip me as I walked towards the common room exit. 

I landed on the cold stone floor face-first, earning myself a bloody nose. Malfoy was laughing as I ran out of the common room, blood pouring out of my nose and tears welling up in my eyes. I had my head down as I made my way up and out of the dungeons, that is why I did not notice the figure standing around the corner, and I slammed into them.

I yelped in surprise as I started to fall backwards, but a hand shot out, grabbing my shoulder and steadying me.

"Watch were you are going, Miss Mason!" A low voice drawled.

I looked up to see Professor Snape, with an angry scowl on his face.

"I'm sorry, Professor." I sputtered, as my nose now bled more heavily from slamming into him. "I didn't see you there."

"What did you do to your nose?" He asked, noticing that my face and hands were covered in blood.

"I tripped." I replied, speaking only half of the truth.

"I see." Was all he said, but he had an unconvinced look on his face. He then pulled out his wand, gave it a sharp wave, and immediately my nose ceased bleeding and the blood from my hands and face vanished, though my nose was still quite sore. I had a feeling that I would have a lovely bruise there tomorrow 

"Thank you, sir." I said.

He nodded and then swooped into his office. I continued on my way out of the dungeons. I stepped into the Great Hall and looked up and down the Gryffindor table for Hermione. She was no where in sight so I sat alone at the Slytherin table. 

About halfway through my meal, three people sat down across from me. I just kept my head down thinking it was Malfoy, Crabbe, and Goyle. 

"Aw look Fred, ickle Mira-kins is ignoring us, even after we made the effort to grace her with our presence." I heard George say. 

"What a shame. And to think we had to suffer through all of the glares of her fellow House mates, only to be ignored by her." Fred replied. 

"Maybe we should just go before we get cursed. Zabini over there looks like he's going to flip a switch." Lee said, laughing.

"Hey guys" I said, looking up. "Sorry, I thought that you were Malfoy and company."

"How could you confuse us with that git?" Fred asked appalled. 

I just shrugged my shoulders, I was still upset from this morning's events. 

"Why don't you come sit with us over at the cool table?" George asked. 

I replied by getting up and making my way across the Hall. I sat at an empty space and was joined seconds later by the Weasley twins and Lee. 

"Where's Hermione?" I asked.

"Probably in the library studying." One of the twins said.

"Hey Mira, it looks like you've got yourself and admirer." Lee said pointing to the Slytherin table. 

I turned to see Malfoy glaring daggers at me.

"What's his problem now?" I asked. 

"He's probably just jealous that he wasn't invited to sit at the cool table." Fred answered.