Part 6

He looked out of the window of his trailer, “And look at old monkey boy there, it takes him six hours to get into his costume.”

“Traiton?”

“Yes.”

“What’s that got to do with changing the story line?”

“Well…” he thought for a moment, “if we’re going to have big chase scenes then we need two more stunt doubles and at least four more suits.”

“OK, anything else?”

“Can I still kill, er, have that alternative ending where Sid and Arthur die?”

“I’ll write it though, I don’t like things getting out of hand.”

“Oh…” ohed D’ark as he relentedly picked the script back up to take another gander.

Sid and Arthur sped along in their steam powered motor boat. A black plume of smoke cut into the air. Sid, wearing his steampunk goggles and leather cap, grinned as a pirate may do when he has seen the sight of plunder on the high seas. He had an electric pistol strapped to his side, you know, a bit like the one on the front cover of The Sun Thief. “You’d better not change the cover of The Sun Thief,” he said to me, “or that description won’t make sense.”

“Even if I change the cover I’ll have to make sure I have the gun in it somewhere.”

“Pistol,” corrected Arthur as he too stood on the deck beside Sid.