Chapter 52: Will I See You Tonight?

Tuesday went on okay.
Amelia took Olivia to school and the girl was excited because Amelia would be home all day.
After school Amelia decided to stop by the mall just to walk around a little. She thought Olivia needed to see people and be out of the house more.
Amelia put Olivia on the stroller and they went inside the mall.

After a bit of walking and looking around she tried on a black dress and a few shirts.
"You look good mommy" Olivia said when Amelia put the dress on.
"Yeah?" Amelia asked smiling and checking herself in the mirror.
Olivia nodded yes.
"Should I buy it then?" Amelia asked.
"Yes" Olivia smiled. So Amelia put her clothes back on and went to pay. She bought the black dress and two shirts.
"So how about we find you a new dress?" Amelia asked Olivia as they went out of the store.
"For me?" Olivia said.
"For you" Amelia said smiling at the little girl.
They walked around the mall and found an adorable navy blue dress with little white dots that Olivia liked.
"Can we get this one?" Olivia asked hopeful.
"Are you sure this is the one?" Amelia asked taking the dress from Olivia.
"Yes" the girl said.
"Alright" Amelia said and they went to pay.
When they where leaving the store Olivia said she was a little hungry.
"Let's go eat something then" Amelia said and started walking to the food court.

Suddenly her phone rang. It was Owen.
"Hello?"
He said when she answered.
"Hi"
"Is everything alright?" He asked.
"Yeah. We're at the mall. Wanna join?" Amelia said.
"I do" he said smiling.
"We're at the Palace Mall" Amelia said. "Heading to the food court because I have a hungry bunny with me" she said.
Owen laughed and said "I'll meet you there"
"Okay" Amelia said and they hung up.
"Who was it?" Olivia asked.
"Owen is coming to eat with us" Amelia told her daughter.
"Yay" the little girl said happy. Amelia smiled and went to the food court.
They decided to eat at chick-fil-a so they sat at a table close to that. The mall was not crowded at all which was good. Owen arrived and went to the table.
"Hi" he told Amelia and kissed her. After that he tickled oli's knee sitting down next to the girl.
"Hi" he told her. The little girl moved to hug him.

They had a great time at the mall and after eating and walking around a little more Amelia thought it was time to go home. Owen asked her without Olivia hearing if he could go too and of course she said yes so they headed home, Owen on his car and Amelia with Olivia on hers.
At home Olivia asked if Owen wanted to play with her and they went to the playroom. They played games the rest of the afternoon till about 6:30 when Owen said he had to go because he needed to stop by the hospital before heading home so he went. Olivia sat to watch a movie with Zola and Bailey and then later they had dinner. After that the kids played around a little more and then everyone got ready for bed. Bailey and Ellis went to bed and Zola asked if she could go too since she felt really sleepy so they went. Amelia stayed in the living room with Olivia and Maggie watching tv. At 9 she gave the girl her shot on her tummy and Olivia cried a little.

"it hurts mommy" the girl cried.
"Shuuu it's okay. It's all done" Amelia said rocking the child in her arms. Olivia cuddled her mother on the couch and ended up falling asleep.

Amelia stayed down a little longer to finish the tv show she was watching and then went to bed.
.
GREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYS
.
The next morning Amelia woke up and got ready for work before waking Olivia. Once she was all done she woke the girl and helped her get ready.
Olivia sat on her bed with Joey on her lap waiting for Amelia to do her hair.
"Can we make a pony tail today?" Amelia asked the girl after she saw the clock and realized the kid would be a little late for school.
"No mommy my braids" Olivia said.
"I don't think we have time honey" Amelia said starting to comb the girl's hair.
"No" Olivia said and her voice made Amelia's heart melt.
"Alright let's go have breakfast and I'll do while you eat." Amelia said picking Olivia up, the girl held her bunny. "But you have to stay still" she added.
"Okay I will" Olivia smiled and Amelia took her to the kitchen. She ate and finished the braids and then Meredith said they had to go.
"See you tonight baby" Amelia said hugging Olivia. She could feel the girl was a little tense.
"Bye" Olivia said sounding a bit sad.
"Don't you worry. It will be just like the other day. I'll be back" Amelia said and kissed the girl's cheek and left.
Olivia just sat there and hugged her bunny. She didn't like when Amelia had to work even though she knew that was what parents did.
"Let's go kids?" Lynn asked entering the kitchen.
Zola and Bailey ran to her and she took Olivia of the stool and handed the girl her crutches. They went to the car and headed to school. She drop Meredith's kids first and then Olivia.
"Olivia you can't take Joey to class sweetheart." She told the girl when she opened the car door and saw the girl was holding the bunny.
"Joey misses his mommy so he wants to go to school with me" Olivia told Lynn.
Lynn smiled at the girl's sweetness.
"Alright, so how about if Joey took a nap on your backpack?" She said opening Olivia's bag.
"Okay" Olivia said and handed the bunny to Lynn. She put it inside and took the girl to class.
.
GREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYS
.
While Olivia had fun with her friends at school, Amelia was having a hard day.
Two traumas came in with severe head injuries and one man ended up dying before they could make it to the OR. She took the other man and worked on him for 4 hours before he bled out on the operating table.
She called it and walked outside heartbroken. Two on the same day. It was hard. It was always hard when she lost a patient.
Owen was at the nurse station in front of the OR board when she stood there wiping it.
"Hi. I heard what happened" he told her and they hugged. "I'm sorry" he said.
She managed a small smile for him.
Suddenly Bailey appeared.
"Their families just got here" she said.
"I'll be there in a moment" Amelia said so Bailey left.
"Are you sure you can do this?" Owen asked her. He could see she was upset.
"Yes. It's fine" she said. "I'll see you later" she told him already walking away.
"See you later" he said but she didn't listen.

After telling the family she got paged again.
"What do we have here?" She said smiling seeing a little boy on the bed and Callie checking his arm.
"This is Samuel and he fell on the school's playground." A teacher that was with the boy said. Amelia couldn't help but think about Olivia.
"Hi Samuel" Amelia said.
"Hi" the 9 year-old boy said.
"Can I take a look at that cut on your head?" Amelia asked and he nodded. She checked it and he needed stitches. She did a neuro check and everything was fine.
She went to get everything to stitch the cut and the boy's parents got there. They were really worried and started yelling at the school teacher saying no one was taking care of their child and things like that.
"Excuse me sir you're upsetting your son" Callie said to the man when she realized the boy was crying.
The mother hugged Samuel and Amelia stitched the cut.
"I need an X-ray of his left arm and he's likely to get a cast today" Callie said.
"Can I get a blue one?" The boy asked.
"I can make that happen" Callie smiled at him.
Suddenly April came and told Amelia they had a trauma on the way so she left with April.
.
GREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYS
.
At school Olivia had a great time with Hayley and some other friends she had made. They had learned some math, things about birds and some other things on that day and Miss Jay gave Olivia extra math work since the ones everyone had to do was too easy for the girl. Olivia was happy she had more and even tried explaining to Hayley how multiplication worked.
They had lunch and went back to class.
Around 1pm the principal's secretary knocked on the door.
"Hi" miss Jay said.
"Olivia's aunt is here to pick her up. Her mother got busy in the hospital and it's the only time someone couch come" the secretary said.
"Her nanny should come today" miss Jay said.
"Well It's her aunt Meredith and her name is on the list and her ID checks out" the secretary said. They had a list on the computer for each student file with who could pick the child up and they asked for an id every time.
"Alright, I'll send her out in a minute" Miss Jay said and closed the door.
"Olivia" she said and the girl looked at her.
"Meredith is here to pick you up" she told the child.
"She is?" Olivia asked with a big smile.
"Let's pack your things" Miss jay said and helped Olivia get all her stuff. Olivia put her backpack on and headed out with the secretary.
She walked to the school's hall with the secretary excited to go home. They walked through the big doors and when they turned around Olivia froze.
That was not Meredith.
Cecilia ran to the girl and before Olivia could say anything the woman bent down and said so only the girl could hear. "Don't say a work or you won't see Amelia ever again."

She picked the girl up hugging her tight and smiled at the secretary.
"Say bye Livy" Cecilia told the girl who was facing the other way and not looking at the secretary. She was scared. She didn't know what to do, she just wanted her mom.
"Bye" Olivia said and Cecilia walked out.