Chapter 14: No More Hiding

"I wanna take her home" Amelia said.

"What?" Owen asked confused.

"I'll take her home. I'll adopt her" Amelia said finally realizing what she had really felt since the first time she saw Olivia.

That was her daughter.

"Amelia you're not thinking this thru. You can't just adopt someone like that." Owen said.

"Yes I can. Derek did." Amelia said and her heart ached as she mentioned her brother. "And you said she'll get sent to another family. I can be that family. I want to be that family" Amelia said.

"I don't think this is a good idea Amelia. She's been through a lot. You can't jus-" he said but she cut him off.

"I'm not asking what you think Dr. Hunt." Amelia said serious.

"Amelia, I just..." He said and she just kept looking at him. She could see she had hurt his feelings.

"Are you sure about this?" He asked.

"More than anything else in my life" she said staring at the child.

"So do it" he said and smiled at her.

He truly didn't think she should, but he knew the woman. He knew that no matter what he said she wouldn't change her mind.

"I gotta go back now" he said and left.

Amelia felt bad she treated him like that but all she cared about at the moment was that little girl who was all alone and scared.

She knew she was doing the right thing.

She wanted to be Olivia's mother more than anything else.

.

GREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYS

.

Rose James, the social worker was sent back to the hospital to work with the girls. She was feeling horrible. She felt like she was somehow to blame because she was unable to take Olivia away from them. But she knew that was the job and sometimes things like that happened and what she had to do now was talk to Susan and hopefully soon with Olivia to find out what exactly happened and put those people behind bars and far away from the little girl.

"She's still in the waiting room." Owen Hunt told Rose.

"She wanted to go in to see Olivia but you know, she needs to go to a room first." Alex Karev said.

"Okay" Rose said and went to the waiting room.

.

When she got there she found Susan going through a magazine but only looking at the pictures.

"Hi" Rose said.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't know this could happen. I should have ..." Susan said and was unable to finish as the tears started to roll.

"She's going to be okay Susan" Rose said. "It's not your fault"

"Yes it is. It is. I should have told you the truth." She cried.

"Susan. What they did is on them. You are a victim here too sweetheart. You were scared" Rose said holding the girl's hand as Susan kept crying. "It's not your fault" she repeated and hugged the girl.

.

After Susan calmed a bit down Rose asked her to explain what happened.

"Yesterday she ran into a sidetable and broke a vase my grandpa had given to my mom. My mom got really upset and she spanked her... But I made her stop" Susan said and let out a deep breath. "But today they went out and Olivia went to their room and used the phone" she said.