Chapter 12: She's Back

"Dr. Shepherd. Who is this?" Amelia said and Olivia felt such relieve she cried.

"Amelia?" She asked but she was so happy to hear the woman's voice that she didn't hear Sean coming in. He had forgotten his wallet.

The men ripped the phone out of the girl's hand before any of them could say anything. The call was finished.

"Olivia?" Amelia said. "Olivia?!" She said but nothing.

"What happened?" Maggie called but Amelia was already running. She got to the nurse station and got the phone and kept calling the number but no one answered.

.

GREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYS

.

Sean dragged Olivia to the living room as the girl screamed and cried.

"What happened?" Cecilia asked as they walked in.

"Guess who was on the phone?" He said throwing the girl on the couch. "I'm sick of this" he said taking his belt out as the little girl cried on the couch scared.

"No! Don't!" Susan said grabbing his arm. He turned and hit her across the face so hard she fell to the ground. He grabbed Olivia by the arm and started hitting her with the leather belt. The little girl screamed and cried in pain. Susan grabbed his leg, he let go of Olivia who just laid in pain on the couch, and kicked Susan. The teen cried. He picked Olivia up.

"Oh oh. Bedroom" he said planning the worse and Cecilia just stood there doing nothing.

He took Olivia to the bedroom as she screamed. He laid her on the bed and held her down. The little girl started screaming her lungs out and he got really mad. He hit her face and she screamed even louder. Sean lost it. He started hitting her and hitting her everywhere. He hit her till she was unconscious.

"DAD!" Susan screamed out as she entered the room, followed by Cecilia, and saw the girl on the bed. "You're gonna kill her! Stop! Stop it please" she cried.

Sean let go of the girl, who stayed unconscious on the bed. He took his hand to his forehead nervous as he noticed what he had done.

"Get your things" he told Cecilia. "We're leaving." He said and the woman stayed frozen as she stared at the child.

"NOW" Sean screamed and ran to do it too. Cecilia ran to pack a few belongings as Susan ran to the bed and grabbed Olivia and just cried.

"You're gonna be okay" she whispered to the girl.

"She needs to go to the hospital" Susan cried. Olivia was breathing and Susan could feel the girl's heart beating but she wasn't waking up. "Please" she cried.

"Let's go!" Sean screamed and ran out of the room.

"I love you Susan" Cecilia said and ran after him.

Susan tried thinking what she should do. Suddenly she laid Olivia back down and ran to the phone. She called the hospital and explained that her father beat her sister and she wasn't waking up and asked for an ambulance.

As she waited for the ambulance to get there she just cried and kept telling herself out loud "she'll be okay. She's okay"

.

GREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYS

.

At the hospital Amelia was desperately calling the number but without success. She called the police and explained to them what happened but she didn't know where the child lived. She didn't know the address.

"shit" she said and hung up. She then remembered they would have the address on Olivia's hospital file, so she went to look for that.

.

GREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYS

.

Thankfully help got there fast. They rushed the child to the ambulance, Susan went with her. They called Grey-Sloan Memorial, the nearest hospital, to let them know what they'd be getting, during the call Olivia coded.

.

GREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYS

.

At the hospital April paged peds, ortho and cardio. According to the paramedicts the child was severely injured. It didn't take long for Alex, Calliope and Maggie to rush out of the entrance of the ER to wait to the ambulance.

"What do we have?" Maggie asked.

"4 year-old girl. She was beaten. Is severely injured and just coded in the ambulance. They should be here anytime." April said.

Callie froze. She couldn't help but think about Olivia.

"What's her name?" Callie asked.

"What?" April asked.

"What's her name damn it?" Callie said angry.

"I don't know. They didn't say" April said confused at why Callie was acting like that.

Suddenly the ambulance arrived.

"We got her back but she's not breathing. We had to intubate" the female paramedic said as soon as the door opened.

They got the bed out and Callie froze as she saw Susan. She looked at the girl on the bed and her eyes filled with tears.

"Olivia" She said, almost a whisper.

"Do you know her?" April asked as they started wheeling the bed inside.

"She was here 5 days ago" Maggie said. "She's Amelia's girl" Maggie added.

"Oh" April said. She knew about the girl. Everyone in the hospital knew.

They wheeled the child into a trauma room and started checking her.

Alex cut the girl's shirt off and there was big giant purple spot.

"She's bleeding internally" Alex said. "A bag of O neg. let's get her to an OR now" He said.

"Her leg." Callie said. "Left leg. It's fractured. The fibula, look." Callie said. "You can see it here it's all... She needs surgery" Callie said.

"You go in with me." Alex said.

"She's crashing" Maggie said. They got Defibrillators. Maggie prepped the girl.

"Charge to 200" she said.

"Clear" she said and did it. Nothing happened.

"Charge to 300"

"Clear"

Again nothing.

"Come on Olivia. Come on." Maggie said waiting to see a response.

"Charge to 360"

"Clear" she did it again and the heart started beating again.

Everyone let out big breaths.

"Good job baby girl. Good job" Maggie said covering the girl with a blanket.

"We gotta go now!" Alex said and they wheeled the girl to the OR.

.

GREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYSGREYS

.

Susan was taken to the waiting room as soon as she walked in the hospital and as she saw them wheeling Olivia to the OR she stood up and saw Callie.

Callie just stared at her. Susan started crying. She felt like it was all her fault. She was the one to blame. She let it happen. She should have stood up for the little girl a long time ago.