Chapter 8

Author's Note: So things have been really crazy lately. Some shit went down this week with my parents and I've been staying at my friend's house for a while. I was able to go home for a bit to pick up my textbooks and back up these chapters on my school computer so hopefully I should be able to post a little more frequently. However, things are kind of tense now and I'm getting really distracted and can't concentrate. I don't now how much longer I can deal with this. Thank goodness I'll be going to college in a year and a half otherwise I might just go crazy. But anyway, I've been kind of depressed and losing motivation so please don't hate me if the updates are less frequent or there are mistakes in my writing.

Thanks for all your support.

Read/comment/tweet/vote. Let me know what you think!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“WILL YOU LOT GET DOWN HERE NOW, PLEASE!” Mrs. Wesley bellowed. I jumped, startled by her sudden outburst ringing throughout the old house. I tried to grab my things, as we were leaving for King’s Cross today. In a few hours, I would be back at Hogwarts. Despite my excitement to be back and working with magical creatures again, I could not help but feel anxious. What I was doing was highly irregular, and, from what I had heard, there would be a Ministry official assigned to work at Hogwarts this year to judge it’s “progress” and “effectiveness,” or some bullshit like that. I knew full well, as I’m sure the other members of the Order did, that the only reason this was happening was to keep an eye on Dumbledore.

Fred and George appeared in the room out of nowhere, startling me yet again, this time causing me to jump, knocking into my bags and sending me falling onto my bed.

“I didn’t think we were that frightening, Forge,” Fred laughed. Leave it to them to make a joke even when their mother was frantically rushing about, and fairly likely to rip their heads off if they were late or wasted time.

“We? I believe it’s you that scared her,” George insisted. Ahh, the typical banter between the two. If it weren’t so funny, I would have stopped them right there, but I knew there was really no harm in it, as they did this quite often. And frankly, I found it to be hilarious.

“Impossible. I’m the more handsome and loved twin. I couldn’t possibly scare anyone,” Fred quipped. He was right, except for the part about being the more handsome and loved twin...and the part about not being able to scare anyone, as he had proved just moments earlier...so, essentially, he was completely wrong.

“Uhm, Fred, you do realize that I can’t see you, right, which basically means that your argument about being the ‘more handsome’ twin is completely invalid,” I interjected before their argument would take up time, thus bringing Mrs. Weasley’s wrath down upon us. There was also something to be said, however, about how I enjoyed stirring the pot. I would sometimes interrupt their playful arguments and present some logic that I enjoyed hearing them try to refute. It was quite entertaining, really. Those two could be professional comedians if their joke shop never took off. I made a mental not to ask them later how exactly that was coming along, as I was curious.

“She has a point, you know,” George stated, chuckling lightly.

“Stuff it,” Fred grumbled. “That doesn’t matter though, because Katrina obviously loves me more.”