Chapter 17

I woke up the next morning, smiling as I felt Charlie’s muscular arms tighten around me. I turned around to snuggle with him again but quickly realized that the morning sickness had kicked in and if I did not get up soon, I would most likely vomit in bed. I tried to get up but Charlie’s grip on me was too hard.

“Charlie, love, please let go. I don’t feel good,” I moaned, praying that he would hear me.

Thankfully, he did and he released me quickly, giving me the opportunity to jump up and make it to the trashcan in time. Charlie was right behind me, pulling my hair back. I sighed, not wanting him to see me like this. “You don’t have to do this. This is disgusting. Just go back to bed. I’ll be okay.”

“This is partially my fault too. I’ll be here for you. Don’t worry about it,” he rubbed my back comfortingly. “I just wish I could be here to do this for you every day. I hate seeing you like this,” he sighed.

“Hey,” I pulled his face so that he could see my eyes. “Don’t worry about that right now. We’ll have enough time to figure that out later. Let’s just enjoy this for now.”

“You’re right. Of course. It’s still a little early so I’ll sneak back out. I’ll get a room for us. Meet me in Hogsmeade after breakfast. I can’t wait,” he kissed the top of my head, giving my belly a quick pat. I laughed, swatting his hand away.

“Sounds good. As much as I’d love to keep you here all to myself, I think you should get going soon if you don’t want to be caught,” I said.

“I’ll get going now. Are you sure you’re okay?” He asked.

“I’m fine. I’m used to this by now. It usually goes away after a little while. It may come back sometime today, but I can’t really know when. Honestly, though, I’ll be fine,” I smiled.

“Alright. If you say so,” he was clearly doubting my words, which was sweet of him, but there really wasn’t much that he could do about it. I would just have to deal with it as it came.

“I. Am. Fine. Trust me. Now go before you get caught,” I laughed, pushing him out the door. “And try to be quiet!”

Once he had gone, I realized that I had not packed at all. I was putting it off until last night and clearly, nothing had gotten accomplished. I would have to work quickly. I almost ran around my room searching for clothes that I had left out. Once I found those, I placed them on the bed, hoping to sort them out and pack them.

My plan was ruined, though, as I heard the girls getting up. Cursing, I deiced to forgo the sorting of my clothes, opting instead to just shove things into a suitcase. After I had decided what to bring and what to leave here in my trunk, I packed them in the medium-sized suitcase, hoping that everything would fit. I only had to try to squish in a few last items before zipping it up. I recited a quick shrinking spell so that I could fit the suitcase into my pocket. I did not want to have to worry about carrying it around with me so the spell made things much easier.

I ran a brush through my hair and then stepped out of the room. “Morning girls!” I exclaimed happily.

“Morning, Professor Westing,” most of the girls grumbled, but there were a few bright and happy voices in the group, Hermione’s included.

“I have a few things to take care of this morning. I don’t know if I’ll be back up, but I just wanted to wish you all a happy holiday,” I smiled at them for a moment.

“Happy holidays!”

“You too!”

“Thanks Professor!”