Chapter nineteen

A/N: I'm sorry it's crap and short and late but I've had writers block and stuff but don't like kill me and I've lost a lot of time reading things 'cause I'm trying to get better at writing things.

Chapt 19
Third person.

After Darren, Bones and Zack's first day they went home, happy that they'd made a group of friends already.

They all sat on their couch meant for two people but the three of them fit on it.
"Today was good." Zack said while looking at some homework.

"Yeah, what did you think?" Bones said, asking Darren.

"Good." Darren whispered, his voice was ruff from dis-use.

They sat on the couch all doing homework and talking a little but most of the conversation came from Zack and Bones.

"I-I'm-m, goin' t-to, be-ed." Darren whispered with his stutter getting in the way like most of the time, if he's saying one word and he knows exactly what word it is and tries to clear his head he can normally say it without stuttering but with more than that his stutters normally there, some days are better than others but when he's angry and mostly shouting the stutter seems to dissolve completely.

"I'll be going to bed soon too." Bones answered.

"I'll be a while cause of all this work for school." Zack said while looking over all the stuff he still had to finish.

The two sat there still writing untill bones finished and said, "I'm heading to bed, see you when you're done."

"Wait." Zack said lightly grabbing Bone's wrist.

"I think Darren's voices are back." Zack said.
"I know, that's why I cut my homework short." Bones answered and went into their room.

Bones sat on his mattress that was at the wall, Darren's was in the middle and Zacks at the opposite wall from Bones side.

"I know you're still up... I just... Are the voices back?" Bones tried to ask without being to blunt.

Darren rolled over to face Bones and nodded with tears in his eyes.

"C'mere." Bones said embracing Darren into a tight hug.
"I know, the voices, they never leave and they don't care who you are, they'll always get to you in the end, there's no way to kill them and there's no where to hide either, once they start, they never stop. But I will never, and I mean NEVER let them get you."

"T-thank -yo-you." Darren said clinging to Bones and then Zack came in and joined in on the hug.

"We're in this together, remember." Zack said and touched the scar on the palm of his hand and then touched the almost identical scar on Darren and Bones' palm.

After a while they  all went to their separate mattresses and went to sleep.

"Y-y-you, up?"Darren said aloud into the room.

"Nughh." Zack groaned groggily.

"You-your en-enthus-siasum is ov-over wel-wel-whelming." Darren said sarcastically.

"...Been talking a lot lately..." Zack commented nonchalantly after a while.
"Y-ye-yeah, I just he-heard so-somewhere th-that-t t-alk- more hel-lps." Darren said and had to shorten what he was saying down to make sure it was coherent.

"That's good, you going to try and talk at school?" Zack asked expecting a 'No'.

"D-don't kn-know, might try wi-with th-the people we m-m-made fren-ends with." Darren tried to say.

"Want me or Bones to say something to them, like you're going to try to talk to them?" Zack asked.

"If yo-you want to." Darren smiled he liked being able to talk a lot even with his stutter and how sometimes he had to just stop for a bit. But even with all that talking felt good.

xoxoxo

It was lunchtime and they were all in the music room like normal and Darren still planned on trying to talk, he'd even planned it out just right.

Bob was playing drums and after a drum roll he finished playing. He got up and stood next to Darren and leaned against the table that everyone else was leaning against.

What Darren thought was funny was that Bob was almost the tallest in the group, only being beaten by Mikey and Bones. Bob was also big and muscular and looked quite scary and he could be when he wanted to but he was also very kind and nice and that's why Darren planned to talk to him first.

"Th-th-ey your o-own s-s-sti-icks?" Darren said quietly his voice was always rough but 'cause he whispered it made it sound even more hoarse.

At first bob had a slight look of surprise, earlier on Zack had told them that Darren was going to try to talk to maybe one of them, then later on while Bones and Darren where in the lunch line Zack had told them all a bit more.

"When he talks his twitching gets worse oh and if he starts saying something and you finish it, that pisses him off, like a lot, but if he's scared he wont talk, he gets bad anxiety."

"Yeah, I like my 'Vic firth' ones, right now I'm using 7A sticks but I think I prefer my 5B sticks, what about you?" Bob said.

"I-I like my-my Zi-zildjian 5A's" Darren answered.

Bob was still surprized that Darren had chose him to talk to because Bob knew he looked intimidating to some and concidering Darren being smaller than Frank.

"That's cool." Bob smiled.

They talked about drums for a while until Darren asked, "D-d-does-n't m-y stut-t-ter annoy you?"

"No, I don't mind it, why?" Bob answered.

"J-jus-st curio-o-ous, it-t annoys the sh-sh-shit o-out of me." Darren replied.

They continued talking until the bell went and they went off to classes.

xoxoxo

"I'm surprised you chose to talk to Bob first." Bones commented when they were in their english class.

Darren got his notepad out and wrote, 'I know he looks intimidating but he's really nice and stuff and when I was planning out who to talk to I decided between Mikey and Bob cause I knew they wouldn't push me to talk more or anything.'

Bones read the note then wrote a reply in his own pen when he seen that the rest of the class was silent. 'What bout the others, how come you didn't think 'bout talkin to them?'

Darren read it then wrote, 'Well, the deductions went like this: Frank is sometimes really hyper and I was worried that he might finish my sentences because hyper people are prone to doing that. Then with Alex and Jack I thought about it for a while, I thought about talking to them first but their like adults and with my luck I'd slip up about the voices or something and they'd tell the school and I'd need to see a psychologist again. Then I though about Gerard and I thought it'd be a good idea cause I wanted to talk to him about something, but I could talk about it to Frank or Mikey, but Gerard's always with Frank. Then Mikey but I was worried that because I'm so awkward and he's awkward we'd create the epitome of awkward. Then I chose Bob because we both play drums, but I couldn't talk to him about what I want to talk to Mikey or Gerard or Frank about, well I could but I'd rather talk about it with Mikey or Gerard or Frank.' The message started off in just legible writing but ended up ilegible but Bones could read it due to experience with Darrens handwriting.

Bones nodded and then wrote, 'What is it you want to talk to them about?'
'Just stuff... You know, stuff.' Darren wrote swiftly so as not to feel bad for lying to basically his brother and by default he was also lying to Zach-his other brother.

'Stuff as in voices or stuff as in self harming?' Bones wrote. That was one of the things Darren liked about talking with Bones by writing messages-he didn't beat around the bush, he just went straight to it.
'The latter.' Darren wrote.