38.

I have given small titles this time for each date.
Do comment if they ok!

A Turning Point
27 January 1977

Sirius loped into the Head's Tower, a strange smile spread across his face. James looked up expectantly from his place on the floor, lazing in front of the roaring fire as he did his Transfiguration homework. "Well?"

Sirius nodded, his face breaking into a grin. "I did it. I spent my dirty Black inheritance and I'm glad to be rid of it."

James nodded, pleased. "So… does this mean no more summers at my house?"

Sirius frowned, reluctant and apologetic. "Mate, I'll always come and visit, you know that. It's just… I can't live off your parents anymore, it doesn't feel right, and I had the means for a place of my own, so…."

James nodded again; when there was nothing more one could do, a nod seemed the logical response. "I understand," he said quietly. "It's just that I'll miss you a bit, that's all."

A Wedding
4 April 1977

"You sure you don't want to sit down?" James murmured in her ear.

Lily turned to him, startled, and shook her head vehemently. "No, no. This is Petunia's special day and if she doesn't want me here I… I won't ruin it for her, ok?"

James sighed and went to stand behind Lily, drawing his arms around her and letting her lean back against him.

"Should have bought the invisibility cloak," she murmured offhandedly, watching the bridesmaids and groomsmen walk down the aisle together.

It was strange, Lily felt, that the great majority of the wedding party seemed to come from Vernon's family. James, on the other hand, was doing all he could to bite his tongue and resist voicing the opinion that with those large pink dresses and the oh-so-many ruffles and ribbons, the bridesmaids (rather plump, as they were) bore a striking and startling resemblance to a string of prize pigs.

One Moment in Chaos
2 May 1977

"Lily!"

Lily paused by the double doors of the Great Hall and waited for Emmeline to catch up. The seventh years were spilling out of the castle and onto the lawns, much as they had done in their fifth year after the OWLs exams. The difference would be that this time, Lily (and in all likeliness Emmeline and Benjamin) would inevitably join the Marauders to bask in the late afternoon sun, and celebrate another NEWT exam well and truly over.

"How'd you find it?" Emmeline asked, linking her arm with Lily's as they followed the crowd.

Lily shrugged, shading her eyes as she scanned the grounds for the boys. Predictably, there they were beneath the old beech tree by the lake. "I don't really care, as long as I pass, to be honest," she murmured in reply.

Emmeline rolled her eyes. "Well I think I mustered up at least an A, and lets face it, Lily, if you get less than an O in Charms I'll be shocked. "

They made their way across the lawn. Lily shrugged again, just before she reached their destination. Once there, she would sink onto the grass besides James, and he would kiss her lips in greeting, and then they would sit and watch their friends together. Sirius and Emmeline would probably sit as far away from each other as possible, something made exceptionally difficult by Sirius' blossoming friendship with Benjy.

Remus would arrange himself wherever was the most convenient to everyone else, and pull out the textbook for his next exam. Wormtail would sit beside Remus and anxiously try to read over his shoulder, something Remus would inevitably bear with great patience….