For The Love of God

Tobias's POV
    "What the hell is this!?!" A loud voice says in the morning.  Tris's head is on my chest,  but as soon as she hears the voice she snaps up.  Marcus was the one to come in and say that.  Damn it.  I jump up when I realize that he has his belt in his hand. 
     "Don't hurt her, please," I say.  He steps towards me. Tris's gets up and goes in front of me.  He scuffs. 
     "What's such a small girl gonna do?" He reaches his hand out and it trails down her waist and tries going to her ass.  I grab his wrist. 
     "Don't touch her," I say in a low,  deep voice.  He glares. 
   "I'm not gonna hurt you for saying that, but I will hurt her," he says. He grabs her wrist roughly. 
      "Beat me. Kill me. Torture me. But for the love of God, don't lay hand on her," I say. He kicks out and it lands on my knee.  I fall down.  Shit my damn knee.  I begin to force myself up.  He's already gotten one whip in and it's on her arm.  I kick his feet out from under him and he falls.  I take my belt off and make it so that I can hit him with it. 
    "This is for your own good," I snarl.  I bring the belt down and it hits him in the face.  Again and again I do it until I hear a cry.  I turn around and see Tris crying.  I realize that my father is now pasted out. 
      "Come on. I'll bring you home and explain everything to them," I tell her. She shakes her head. 
      "They're open," she says.  I look at her arm and some of her scars have been reopened.  The scars that she has worked so hard for to fade.  Just as they were beginning to,  they're open again. 
     "It's okay," I say.  I move a strand of hair out of her eyes.  "Let's go." She shakes her head again.
     "If you take me home and they know I'm with you. They'll do everything in their power to keep us apart. I can't deal with that," she tells me.  I take her into my arms and hold her. 
     "Nothing can keep me away from you. Nothing. I'm yours, and you're mine." She smiles up at me.  It's forced, but there. 
     "And its always been that way."