Part 2: Rough With Words

Hello again! Thank you for those who voted and commented on my first chapter it was great to hear from you!
I hope you enjoy the newest update in my story :)
Enjoy

"Mason for gods sake!" I exclaimed as I opened the cutlery drawer which had been organised when I left it last night but now had spoons in the forks, knives in the spoons and forks in the knives.

Mason walked into the kitchen, his hair messed up from lying on the couch in his gym shorts and one of his many black tshirts, showing off his muscular arms, rubbing his eyes tiredly. If he wasn't such a jerk I'd probably be swooning.

"For gods sake what, sweetheart?" He said through a yawn. I ground my teeth together.

"I told you to stop just throwing in the cutlery this way, and for the thousandth time stop calling me that!" I stomped my foot, crossing my arms over my chest.

He looked amused as he stared down at me, his lips trying to hide a smile causing he nostrils to flare.

"Did you just stomp your foot?" He asked smirking down at me. If I was his height I would take him on, but at 5 foot 5 against 6 foot 2 there was only a slight chance that I would win. That is unless I elbowed him in the-

"Hello? Earth to Ashley!" He said, waving his hand in front of my face causing me to stop staring at his chest.

"Mason, please, it's hard enough sharing a couch with you let alone a house, so please just keep the fork drawer tidy, okay?" He rolled his eyes, pushing me out of the way with his hip and started to tidy the draw the way I'd shown him earlier.

"You're obsessive, compulsive and I think you may have a disorder." He spoke in a joking tone when he'd finished, gesturing to the now neat drawer. A smile popped onto my lips from his joke and when I turned my face to look up and thank him my cheek collided with his finger.

"What was that for?" I asked rubbing my face where he'd poked me.

"Got you." He said, his voice smug and arrogant.

"Got me what?"

"Made you laugh." A smug grin creeped onto his face.

"Did not." I countered. Bending down to pull out the dishes from the dishwasher. He didn't say anything while I reached for the bowls in the bottom rack and when I stood straight I looked over to him and saw a slight blush on his face, his eyes trained on my thighs.

I tugged at my frilly pink pyjama shorts, pulling them down a little and his eyes snapped back to mine. His usual smirk replacing his parted lips.

"Did too." He said, grabbing an apple and taking a bite, winking at me before walking out of the kitchen. I watched him walk away, my heart beating slightly faster than usual. Mentally slapping myself I rolled my eyes and continued unpacking the dishwasher.

First day of classes went as well as expected. Mel and I had English Lit together at 11am so we stopped at one of the cafes for a coffee before hand.

"Honestly, he's a pig and he's so disorganised - this morning I had to tell him again how to stack the cutlery drawer!" I ranted to her.

My best friend Melissa and I have known each other since our first year in high school. We met when we were both in the nurses office faking sick to get out of doing a test. Since then we never left each other's side.

"Yeah but he's hot." She said with smile biting into her blueberry muffin and moaning in content.

"That has nothing to do with my frustration and would you stop moaning so loudly, you're attracting unwanted attention." I whispered harshly as a few guys looked over at us with smirks on their faces.

"Firstly," she said with a mouthful of muffin, crumbs flying over the table when she spoke, "that has everything to do with your frustration and secondly, who said it's unwanted?" She swallowed the last of her muffin wiggling her eyebrows and looking over her shoulder with a smile, waving at the boys.

She stretched when she turned back to me, pulling her sunglasses from her hair and running her fingers through it before giving it a little tousle and putting her sunglasses back on.

I followed suit before standing up with her walking to class.
"Well, feel free to pounce. He's yours." I said, linking arms with her and walking from the cafe to the campus building

"I thought what he said about Marlow being an untrustworthy narrator was quite interesting," I was discussing Heart of Darkness with Mel as we walked out of class when I was silenced by walking into a brick wall with abs and a black T-Shirt that smelt familiar. I landed on my hands and knees with an "oof!" and scrambled to pick up my books, binders and pencil case which had exploded all over the floor.

There was laughter all around me and I felt my cheeks flame as I zipped up my pencil case and picked up my books.

"Do you always walk with your head up your ass or was today an exception?" I question as I stood up and got a good look at my brick wall.

Sure enough, there stands Mason his face amused with a platinum blonde on his arm and his friend Cameron flanking his side.

"Oh come on sweetheart, the impact couldn't have been that bad; there's not far to fall." He returned and I scowled, narrowing my eyes at him.

We'd attracted a crowd now and Mel was still by my side hugging herself and looking around self consciously.

"Well, it's no surprise you didn't see me, what with your ego obstructing your view."

His face faltered slightly before his lip curled into a terrifying smile. I wasn't sure I wanted to know what his next serve would be in this tennis match.

"Aw, did rich daddy buy your comebacks as well as your apartment and classes?" I felt my heart stop and the "ooh"s echo through my chest.
What I did next could possibly be the stupidest decision in my life.

Please vote and comment your thoughts I love to hear what you're all thinking :)

Thanks guys xx