Chapter Two

To an outsider the small group traveling through the forest was quite a sight. Mis was clinging to Obi's back, with a huge grin plastered on her face laughing like a small child. Sitting rather catiously and much against his will Ranee was atop Celeste. They were traveling as quickly as they could back to the cave city Celeste and Mis called home. It was getting dark and the Black Woods were dangerous even for the former Black Knights.

As they approached the mountain side location, the boy noticed several latge black shapes zip through the trees and head toward the vast mountainside. Upon looking closer he saw they were monkeys, more Black Knights he assumed. Turning his attention back towards the mountain he spotted the mouth of a large cave. Standing in this cave he saw a regal looking woman. Hair hair was as black as the night sky, streaked with silver, her eyes the deepest purple, were hard and caculating. Everything about her made him want to turn back and run. He stayed though, not that he had much choice. He was afraid of what would happen to him of he ran, and the injuries he would recieve trying to remove himself from Celestes back. Plus when he saw Mis launch her self into the womans waiting arms he decided that he faced a much better fate here then trying to survive alone in the forest.

"Abwa, Abwa! I found a friend. Obi was going to eat him. In fact Abwa Obi is being quite rude, she has lost some of her manners in the forest." Mis spoke excitedly into her Abwa's ear.

Smiling, Naomi set her grandchild on the ground, and took her hands in her own. "Oh young one I am sure that Obi was just trying to ensure your safety. Now why don't you go and see Amisan, he has been sulking all day since you didn't take him with you." Watching her granddaughter run off filled her heart with joy. She couldnt't imagine losing her, she was all she had left. Turning back towards Obi, her soft expression vanished, back were the cold hard eyes. 'Obi, why did you bring an outsider into our village? You know we are safe and hidden how could you risk that?'

'Naomi, I am very sorry, and offer my humblest apoligies if I have endangered Mis, or any of the knights. I truly do not think that the boy is a threat. I brought him here because he cannot hear us speak. He has no Whisperer blood. He was lost, and making an awful ruckus, I was planning on making him my meal, however he reminded me of Mis.' the tiger spoke with authority, and confedeince, Naomi may be the designated leader of the rebellion, and the survivors but Obi was the general of the Black Knights, she only bowed to the rightful heir to the throne.

'Obi, I understand you thought this was wise, but how can you endanger your future Queen. Mis may not know she is the heir to the throne but you do, and you carelessness suprises and apalls me. As the general of the Black Knights I expected much more from you. Did you know King Lucifer sent an army to the edge of the forest yesterday? Or that he kept sending those blasted ravens into the tree line? I know you trust the boy but my gut is telling me that you just changed our lives forever. I want you to know that if anything happens to Mis I am holding you personally responsible. Now i want to talk to the child. Keep your thoughts to yourself.' She spoke harshly tired of the lack of respect she recieved from the majority of the Knights.

"Child, what is your name? Where have you came from? Why are you traveling in these woods? I am Naomi, and I am the eldest of these woods, and the leader. You may be only a child but if i believe you are a threat to my granddaughter or any of the creatures under my protection I will not hesitate to have you killed. That being said, if you are teling the truth and mean us no harm one day I just may give my life for your own." Naomi spoke feircly, and she meant every word she said. If the boy was trust worthy she just may end up giving her life in exchange for his.

Ranee was terrified. Even his own father, a feirce and cruel man had never struck fear into him the way that Naomi did. He could see in her eyes that she meant every word, and that she was committed to following through withbher threats if needed. She was loyal to those she loved, and was driven but that love to protect them, even at the cost of her own life. She had something to live for, die for and fight for. That was what made her more dangerous then his father.