Chapter Four

“Mis, Ranee come, come Star is having her pups.” Abwa Ushered them on their way to Amisian and Star's chambers.

“Yay! Yay!” Mis bounced out of her seat, clapping, smiling and laughing like a mad woman. “Abwa do you think that one of the pups may be mine? I would love it if it were.”

“Child be still will you? Star needs peace if you can't calm yourself you will wait outside.” Naomi scolded teasingly.

“I will be still, I will be still. Let me watch please, please.” she begged.

Before Abwa Naomi could respond Amisian's voice entered their minds. 'Naomi, please have Mis come hold Star's head. She wants her.

'I am on my way Ami.' Mis thought back running the last of the way to Star.

Mis settled quickly, taking Stars head in her lap. She sang softly, rubbing small circles behind her ears. Amisian paced back and forth close by until Ranee offered his lap for the giant wolfs head. Sitting and waiting for the pups to be born Ranee's mind wandered back to the night before he left his fathers home.

Flashback:

Boy, your useless, a waste of space. When your brother is born I am going to be done with you. You and Your worthless whore of a mother. She made you soft, she won't have the opportunity with him.”

Ranee couldn't get away from the pain. To him his fathers words sounded like a dull storm, all that was registering in his head was the urge to survive. With each kick, punch and lash of the whip he thought of his mother, and how he had to be strong for her he had to protect her. He had to get his mother and future brother out of there, and to safety.

When the beating stopped Ranee saw a servant had entered the room, and as her mouth opened he heard the words that would end his life. His mother was in labor.

He was once again hoisted into the air by his father, this time he was drug to his mothers chambers. There he laid still as a stone listening to his mothers cries, and screams. He focused on her pain until he heard the cry of his new baby brother; he was wrong though, it was the cry of his sister. He had a baby sister.

No, no Jonathan, please not the baby! I will give you a son I promise, just don't hurt my baby.” his mothers pleas entered his ears and he wished that he had the strength to fight his father.

It is too late for that! You have failed me again, this baby will not live! And you and your sorry excuse of a son will watch.”

Ranee was picked up and thrown into his mother bed landing in a heap. He wrapped his arms around her, hating the sound of her sobs.

Gently he watched as his father picked his baby sister up out of the nurses arms. He treated her as if she was a delicate flower, and looked just like any doting father would. He was not any doting father though, he carefully took his sisters head in one hand, and gripped her feet with the other. He then started to pull slowly, he kept pulling and pulling as his child's whimpers turned to cries and then silence.