"A Shadow!"

I don't believe this.

All of this went on for a whole entire week. Then it turned into two. Then three. And then it eventually became a whole month.

He would always wake up much earlier than me, and leave for a mission without me. He purposely took the longer ones, so he wouldn't have to deal with me.

Then he would get home pretty late, and we wouldn't even talk. Even if we got the chance to... We'd make eye contact but that would just be it.

We haven't spoken... In the past month. I have felt so lonely.

Apparently that idiot didn't even mention to Yukino and Minerva that this was all a prank.

Sting was gone, again, and I was just sitting at home, as usual. I didn't even bother going back to the guild.

I was at Yukino's house, and Minerva was here with me and the two Exceeds. I just needed company, that's all.

I was sitting on one of her couches, and Minerva was lying fully on her back on another couch.

And yes, Minerva is well aware that she's one of the more selfish ones in our friend group.

Yukino comes back from setting up things in her room to keep Lector and Frosch occupied. Like toys and coloring books. She sits right next to me. "Sting is gone again, isn't he?" She asks sadly.

"Well, obviously," I mumble.

"How are you guys anyway? Since you guys... You know... Broke up? It's been a month, right?"

"Yeah, but we haven't even spoken since..." I look down at the white tiled floor.

"Still?!" Minerva practically yells. "OMG, he's still not over it?! Ugh, he was so into you though!!"

"It seemed like he was," I shift uncomfortably, still staring at Yukino's floor.

"You liked him a lot, didn't you?" Yukino asks softly.

I pause for a second. "Yeah. Yeah I did..."

"Then why did you guys break up?!" Minerva screams again.

"I don't know. I thought things would be the same as before, but I guess not. It's almost like we avoid each other now. The most we really do now is make eye contact, and that's it. It's been lonely, you know?" I lie about not knowing.

I hear Yukino sigh sadly, but Minerva speaks again, "I still don't really get why you guys broke up. I mean, it was so obvious that you two liked each other."

"I have to say the same, Rogue," Yukino claims.

This is probably a good time to tell them. "It was never real," I sigh.

"Hmm?" Yukino turns to me.

"It was just a prank!" I cried, tears starting to well up in my eyes. "It was only meant to trick you guys!"

The girls only looked confused.

"I don't know! He thought it'd be fun, but it just got me, and I just got these feelings!" I raise my voice. "And even I fell for it!"

"Rogue..." Yukino says quietly.

"And now, we don't even talk. We barely even look at each other. He just played around with me, my feelings for him, just for the fun of it!" I couldn't hold back my tears anymore.

"That bitch!" Minerva stands up.

"Minerva, don't!" Yukino says sternly, as she gives me a comforting hug.