When Love Runs Red:: Chapter Seven

Copyright © 2012: Letitia Van Herck. All Rights Reserved.

                                                 When Love Runs Red

                                                      Chapter Seven

Bruises were sure to form where Charlotte's hair was being gripped. It was a rough sort of grip, then again what sort of grip is never not so. The girl held each long delicate strand of Charlotte's hair in the tight ball of her hand; pulling at the fragile roots. Charlotte fought for control. Not control over the other girls actions so much as the control on her grappling emotions. A pain so deep throbbed through her scalp and her lungs and ribs ached from un-ushered tears. She now fought back tears. It hurt and she was ashamed by the whole ordeal. However she was not one to give the opposition the satisfaction of seeing her weep again.

          With a bristling hiss the girl gave another rough yank at Charlotte's hair, her palm were now sweaty; her breathing laboured and drawn with rage. Charlotte's head buckled backwards, through clenched teeth she fought back her urge to wail.

          "Will you be so kind as to release your grip," Charlotte finally managed to wheeze. The girl paused then, as Charlotte could feel no shaky raged filled movements the girl had been expressing moments before. To Charlotte's upmost surprise she did release her hair. With a sigh of relief Charlotte combed her hair flat with her hands, before bracing both hands against the bed and pushing herself up with a shaky breath. However Charlotte had not braced herself for the girl’s next action. Charlotte gracefully turned around about to confront the girl in her worries and assure her of any doubt the girl hand, when a fist met the delicate curve of Charlotte's nose. Charlotte let at a scream a slight crack sang out, and a fist filled her vision. Her head buckled backwards and she tumbled to the floor, blood gushing out of my nose.

            Shocked rippled quite suddenly through Charlotte, she had never had such a thing done to her before. She had never had her nose broken. Her hands shaking with what one could presume as fear she held it, as blood soaked through her graceful hands. Tears trickled down her face, as she choked on sobs and her own blood. The girl Ivory hissed at her.

          "I am Royalty you peasant! You have no right to request things of me!" She screamed with rage.

           "My Lady do you not known it is rude to enters ones bed chamber without an invitation?" That smooth, much like velvet voice stated from the open doorway. Charlotte directed her gaze towards the lone figure, standing solemnly in the arch of the doorway. It was none other than him, her valiant saviour with green eyes like crisp grass the day after a storm; so beautiful and yet the deadly in presence.

           "Dante..." the girl muttered a voice a caressed whisper of delight. Her eyes glowed at seeing him, her cheeks flushed. She was taken with him for sure, Charlotte had seen many a time before while at balls. He glared at her slightly, annoyance coating his brow. Upon further observation Charlotte could see his brow was damp with perspiration and his breath was quicker. He had been panicked, and had obviously run here; to her rescue again. A small smile played at Charlotte's lips at that knowledge. At least one person was on her side.

          "My Lady, do not step closer. As Ambassador to the Queen I have it in good mind to tell the Queen you are attacking this young lady for no rational reasons," he stated his voice so icy it made Charlotte shiver. "She is under the Queen's protection until the hearing and therefore she should be treated as a guest."