Chapter 11 - Johnny's

I continue to be a little distant with Skylar, mostly because of my guilt from Kian texting me. I feel like I have done something wrong just by simply texting him back. But have I?

"Maddie, do you want this?" Skylar asks, holding out a cookie he go from the coffee shop. He got me my regular drink from there and also some snacks.

"Uh, no thanks," I reply, hardly looking at him. I feel as though if I look him in the eyes that he will know exactly what is going on, even though nothing is going on.

I see him slightly shake his head before he walks on to his car. I follow him, getting into the passenger side of the car. He doesn't say anything, but simply starts the vehicle and starts to drive out of the parking lot.

"So," I say, taking in a deep breath. I know I will feel ten times better if I just tell him that Kian texted me and I replied. "Kian texted me the other day."

I leave out the tiny detail that he just so happened to have texted me when we nearly had sex. For some reason I think that would have made him even angrier with me.

Skylar breaths in slowly, letting his exhale out completely. He repeats this a few times. His grip on the steering wheel tightens, causing his knuckles to turn white. I watch as he bites the inside of his cheek, his eyes never leaving the road.

"What did he say?" Skylar says in a calm voice.

"Um, he said that he wanted to talk to me," I reply honestly. He turns his hands forwards and back on the steering wheel, causing a squeaking noise.

"About what?" Skylar asks, holding in his temper. I can tell that he is trying really hard not to raise his voice.

"I don't really know, he just said he wanted to talk," I tell him as he pulls into the parking lot of my apartment building. Instead of pulling into a parking space, he drives to the main entrance under the canopy.

"What did you say?" he asks, stopping the car and looking over at me. I see the heat in his eyes from our conversation.

"I said okay," I tell him. "And I asked when he wanted to talk."

I thought about not telling him about how I asked kian when he wanted to talk, but lying isn't a good idea, it never is.

"So...you're going to talk to him." He doesn't say it as a question, just simply as a statement.

I wait a while before responding. Am I going to talk to Kian?

"Yes," I reply even though it wasn't a question.

Skylar nods before unlocking the car, a subtle way of shooing me out. I grab my bag and open the door, nearly stepping out. Before I do, I lean over and place my hand on the opposite side of Skylar's face, turning him to face me. I plant a small kiss on his lips before I pull away and smile. Then I get out of the car. As soon as I close the door, Skylar drives away.

I walk inside the building up to my apartment, feeling even more guilty about Kian now than I did before. I try to shake the feeling that Skylar is extremely mad at me, but I can't. He probably is extremely mad at me.

I walk into the apartment to find it empty. Placing my things in a chair in the kitchen, I pull out my phone from my pocket.

I read over the text that Kian sent not too long after I replied to him.

Whenever you want to.

Deciding that now is as good of a time as ever, I text him back.

How about today?

I lock my phone before putting it down on the counter and walking towards the refrigerator. Before my hand even touches the handle on the fridge, a tweet sounds, signaling that I have a text message. I turn back, quickly walking to get my phone.

I open the text and read it.

Right now at Johnny's?

Johnny's was a pizza parlor that we would always go to when we were tired of doing nothing. The majority of our lazy days were spent either at the beach, or at Johnny's, usually both.

My heart begins to pick up in pace as soon as I see the text message. Memories flood my mind of all of the time we went to Johnny's.

"No! Kian!" I squealed, pouting as I pulled the red puck out of the pocket it was sitting in after Kian scored. I put the puck on the air hockey table, hitting it with my blue piece. I had no idea what those things are even called.

"Ha!" he taunted, returning the puck to my side forcefully. I blocked it, sending it back. We both continued this until I finally scored my first point.

"Yes!" I said, getting excited. I jumped up and down, sticking my tongue out at Kian. He rolled his eyes, placing the puck on the table. Before I had the chance to react, he hit the puck, sending it into the goal.

"Hey! No fair! I wasn't paying attention!" I whined, hearing the dinging noise that means Kian won by scoring that point.

"No, I won fair and square," Kian said, smirking at me.

"Did not!" I pouted as Kian walked around the table, wrapping his arms around me.

"It's just a game babe," He whispered in my ear, kissing my cheek.

"I know," I said, smiling up at him. I got on my tip-toes and gave him a tiny, sweet kiss.

I grab my purse and walk out of the apartment. I leave the building and get into my car, headed straight for johnny's which was about thirty minutes away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yay! Two updates in two days! Remember when I used to do that with the Story of Us? :)
Oh the memories :)
Anyway, I'd like to thank all of you for being so amazing! Recently the Story of Us hit FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND READS. That's like half of a million! Dang! Thank you sooo much! 500,000!
Anyways, enjoy your chapter! And don't forget to vote and comment!

Please go like my YouTube video! I really need as many likes as possible! Look up "Unconditionally by Olivia Parker" :)

xox -Delilah