Chapter 1 - Eight Months

Waking up in the morning has been becoming a challenge for me lately, due to my lack of sleep.

So when Angela begins to pound on my bedroom door, I groan loudly and roll over in my bed, trying to block out the annoying noise by covering my ears and pulling my pillow and covers over my head.

Unfortunately, the pounding continues and the pillow and blanket doesn't block out hardly any of the noise.

"Dammit," I curse quietly, eventually getting so annoyed that I can force myself out from under the comforter on my bed, immediately missing its warmth when my bare feet touch the cold, hard-wood floor. I cringe at the feeling of the ridges on the floor freezing my feet, but suck it up and walk to the door, reminding myself to lock Angela in her room tonight so that she can't wake me up. That would be nice, but unfortunately the lock on her door is on the inside.

I glance at myself in the mirror to the side of my door once before opening the door, noticing the purple rings under my eyes and the mess of hair that is tangled on my head.

Without caring, I open the door because Angela has seen me much worse.

"Madison, seriously, why the hell are you still asleep? Like we have to meet Andrew at the mall in seriously like twenty minutes!" Angela rambles. Her auburn hair looks flawlessly straight and her makeup is perfect, as usual and it annoys me how she manages to look good every day.

I roll my eyes.

"Do I look like I'm asleep?" I say flatly.

"No, but you were. Get ready." Angela leaves my doorway, annoyed with the attitude I have had with her on and off for about seven months now.

Sometimes it's there, sometimes it's not. It just depends on my mood.

Angela really is a good friend, too good of a friend actually.

We've been living together for eight months now, and we act like sisters, fighting here and there but in the end we still love each other.

She puts up with too much if my shit though, and I don't see why she still tolerates me.

After everything she did for me, I treat her horribly, yet she tells me she understands what I'm going through and she lives me and that's how she manages me.

For eight months now, I've been a different person than I was when I first met Angela.

I used to be free spirited, happy, and optimistic, but for a while now I've been a bitch, negative, and pessimistic. I'm not the Maddie that Felicity and Andy knew.

Speaking of Filly and Andy, I haven't really talked to them in four months either.

I turn away from the door and grab an outfit from my closet, walking out to the bathroom and quickly take a shower, not bothering to fix my hair or makeup afterwards.

"Maddie! Hurry up!" Angela calls, irritation obvious in her voice.

I roll my eyes, telling myself to e nice to her before I leave the bathroom.

I really don't deserve a friend like her.

I walk out of the bathroom and meet Angela in the kitchen where she has toast with Nutella on it made for me.

"Thanks, Ang," I say, smiling at her, trying to be pleasant.

"Anytime! Oh and Ricky called while you were in the shower, I told him you'd call him back later. He said he had something important to tell you," she says with a shrug as I start to take a huge bite of my toast as Angie gathers her things.

I wonder why Ricky wants to talk?

For about a year now, me and Ricky have been quite good friends. For some reason we just get along well and lately he has been able to get my spirits up. We started to be really good friends when he and Filly started dating, but they didn't last.

I realize that me and Ricky being friend probably isn't the best idea anymore because of Filly and Kian, but I really don't care.

She pulls my sunglasses from my purse before handing them to me, then handing me my purse.

"Thanks," I mumble with my mouth full.

Before long, were leaving our shared apartment as heading to the mall to meet her boyfriend, Andrew and his guy friend that they're both trying to constantly set me up with. Me and this guy both don't want a relationship, so we act like we are interested in each other but we really aren't.

"Are you going to call Ricky back?" Angela asks, pulling into the parking lot to the mall.

"Oh yeah!" I say, pullingy phone out and dialing him.

The phone rings a few times before he picks up.

"Maddie?" Ricky's voice sounds worried almost when he says my name.

"Something wrong, Ricky?" I ask opening the door on Angela's car, sticking one leg out.

"Um, this isn't exactly something you want to hear, but is rather me tell you than you hear it somewhere else..." He gets quiet, and I start to get anxious.

"What?" I say a little harshly, grimacing at how easy it is for me to get grouchy.

"Um, well..." Ricky is stalking his response, which I nearly say something to but I decide against it. "Kian," his words tug at my heart and the words he says next nearly make me puke, my heart falling into my stomach.

"He's, um, dating someone."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Comment what you think?
Vote please!
xox -Delilah