Doom Cathedral 3rd Stage ~ Escape Plan

~~

We gathered at my room, discussing what to do next.

"We should escape!" Joan suggested.

Escape? How? When I was walking in the corridor, I felt as if something was blocking me from the outside world, like my world was on this cathedral and this cathedral only.

"It's impossible. You heard what that guy said." Echo pointed out.

"There has to be a way!" Joan said frustratedly.

I just sat there thinking.

"Maybe there is a flaw in the barrier, a little hole to help us escape." I said quietly.

"That's a good one, Ocean!" Joan exclaimed.

"Don't bother. There isn't one." Echo said firmly.

"Echo, why do you think that way? That type of attitude wouldn't help as escape." Joan said, her voice sounding a little irritated.

"It's not about my attitude. There really is no flaw." Echo said, her anger lit up in her eyes.

"Fine! We'll escape without you! Go away!" Joan exploded.

"You'll never escape! What part of it do you not understand! Idiot!"

"Stupid."

"Well, good luck, because I am heading back to my room!"

"Fine by me."

Slam!

I looked at the closed door in horror. Did my friends just fight in such a situation?

"Ocean, we'll talk more tomorrow. For now, we just have to find that flaw in the barrier." Joan said.

She left as well.

For the first time in my life, I felt utterly alone.

~~

"Father Fanu!"

4 year-old me ran towards him, hugging him tightly once we met.

"Ocean, I want you to meet someone." He said.

He revealed a young boy with messy brown hair and lifeless brown eyes.

"This is Chase. His parents were killed. He is a year older than you, but I expect you to take care of him."

His parents were... killed? Why? Why this boy had to lose ones precious early?

Like I had the position to say that. I didn't even know my parents.

Father Fanu left for a while. I reached out my hand, holding his hand in mine.

"Come on, I'll show you a place to-" "Shut up girl!"

He slapped my hand away and glared at me. 

I looked at him with shocked eyes. I have never seen anyone so cold besides... me.

My eyes hardened.

"Fine. Find your own way then." I said coldly and walked away from him, leaving him in the darkness.

In his own shell.

I understood how that felt. Yet, somehow I knew that he had to stand up on his own two feet.

That was my meeting with Chase.

~~ 

That night, a girl slipped out of her room and crept down the corridor, looking left and right.

"Why are you out of your room?" An amused voice called out.

The girl froze. She then turned and glared at the owner of the voice.

"Tell me where is it?"

"What is 'it'?"

"You were eavesdropping. I saw."

"You caught me. It's in Menace's room. West wing, tower on the right."

~~