Doom Cathedral 8th Stage ~ Chant

I found a pair of eyes looking at me.

"You took out the wrong one." The owner of the eyes spoke.

I just glared at him and turned to the angel.

"Are you hurt?"

The girl, which had long light blue-silver hair and bright white eyes, nodded. She was wearing a long silver dress, which had long sleeves. She was barefooted and there were blood all over her, especially her torn wings.

Scandal, stopped glaring at me as soon as his eyes fell on the girl.

"Anzhela." He spoke, almost soft enough to be a whisper.

The girl lifted her head to gaze back at him with confident eyes, though I could tell she was actually scared inside.

"I'm not afraid of you." Anzhela spoke coldly, "Nor am I afraid of your master."

I thought I saw Scandal's eyes being glazed with emotional hurt for a second, but I wasn't too sure as he covered it up with a cold glare.

"Well, I don't care. You're going back into the pit." Scandal garbbed her hand and dragged her away, after glaring at me as he asked me to stay put.

Well, I don't care either.

I tagged along, moving stealthily behind.

But Scandal just sighed at said,"You're too noisy. Just walk along."

I followed behind, curious. What was their relationship?

~~

Joan studied her surroundings in boredom. She had nothing to do and she didn't want to sleep yet. Not with all that commotion outside.

She stood up, stretching her cramped muscles. She walked over to the desk, which looked antique enough to crumble at one's touch. She pulled open the drawer, searching through it.

~~

Echo ran, using a small spell to strengthen her muscles so that her stamina would be boosted. She ran up a tower, sealing the door with another spell.

She panted. It's been a while since she had practised combat anyway.

Sweat dripped from her silver bangs as she looked around the circular room.

The room was very clean and tidy. It was rather plain too, not revealing much about the occupant. It had dark oak bookshelves along the right side of the room.. They were filled with books. The was a plain wooden table next to them, with an open book, ink bottle and candle on it. The bed was next to the table, having plain baby blue bedsheets. There was a small ball of light bobbing above her head, casting a dim light. But it made her figure out that the room belonged to one of the boys, as the light was too weak to be conjured by a powerful sorcerer. 

Echo sighed, sitting down on the bed. She hated wearing these flats and skirt. But it was what her master insisted, despite her being really angry about it. She didn't;t like skirts and pretty shoes and dresses and stuff. She preferred fighting, her combat suit, spells and weapons to all that girly stuff.

Just then, the door shuddered. Echo realised someone was trying to breaking through the spell. She casted a stronger one, now knowing that the owner of this room knew some spells.

"Whoever is in there, that's my room."

Echo recognised that angry voice. Not that she have heard him being very angry before. The last time she met him was just down the corridor before she ran.

While the person kept banging on the door, Echo looked at the open book in curiousity. To her surprised she found a picture of three girls. Which were Echo and her friends.

Worse still, next to it was a horribly familiar song:

The bell rings in the cathedral,

As the spell unravels,

Darkness looms on it.

The blood flows,

The tombs awake,

With three dragons of fire.

One of the Sea,

One of the Earth,

One of the Light,

As midnight comes again.

And there was more:

Chaos desecends,

The angel crys again,

To be comforted by these dragons,

As the rose blooms again.

'What was this all about?' Echo stodd there, stunned.

"You're an idiot." said a voice behind her.

~~