Chapter 18

~Aki’s Pov. ~

          Mephisto keeps asking me to come back to play chess with him and I didn’t say no because Yukio told me he thought it was a good idea. “Aki everything alright? Normally you are more focused on our game.” Mephisto says and I look up at him. “I’m fine, I was just thinking that you have changed a little.” I say before making my move. I look up at him and he blushes badly before looking at the board to see what he could do. To tell the truth even if I wasn’t paying much attention I was still winning. I look up when a cake was brought into the room making me frown a little. ‘Rin what have you done?’ I think as I watch Mephisto read the note. “Aki this cake is great did you help make it?” he asks once he had taken a finger full of frosting. “No I didn’t, I have to cut our game short I have some homework I need to get finished.” I say as I stand and he nods his head not really looking over at me. When I get to the dorm I storm into the kitchen to see everyone there. “What in the world were you thinking Rin?” I scream making them all jump. “Aki what do you mean?” Rin asks as he rubs the back of his head. Everyone hides behind Rin and Yukio as I take a few deep breaths.

          “Right because I wouldn’t recognize the kind of cake dad made for our birthday in Mephisto’s office.” I snap and he pales a little before taking a few steps back. Yukio puts his hands up in surrender. “Rin was only trying to learn to surprise you this year.” Yukio says making the others gape at him making them all look like fish. “Right?” I say before Kuro runs over jumping on my shoulder. “Aki play with me! You promised.” He says and I give a small sigh. “Don’t lie to me you two. I will find out what is going on one way or the other.” I say before walking away with Kuro to my room. Kuro and I play for a few hours before I fall asleep with him curled up on my stomach a small smile on my face. When I get up I was shocked to see Kuro still laying there on me and he was still asleep purring a little. I was happy to see him and was trying to figure out what my brothers were doing.

          “Aki are you ok?” Kuro asks as he looks up at me and gives a small stretch. I sigh as I pat the top of his head. “I guess I am, I’m still a little mad that Yukio and Rin are hiding something from me.” I say and Kuro rubs his head on my hand and arm. Kuro gives a small purr before gently biting my fingers. “They just want to make you happy and keep you safe.” Kuro says and I sigh as I sit up making him fall off me and onto the bed where he lays on his back. “You might be right but I don’t like it.” I say as I stand. He sighs before walking over to my bedroom door and I let him out so I could change. I change and dress in normal cloths so I could head out to the town and do a little shopping, Yukio had agreed to let me get some new cloths and a new backpack seeing as how my other one was about to rip apart.

          I walk down to the dining area and see Rin and Yukio talking in low tones. “Nii-chan are you ready to go?” I ask and they look up at me. Yukio gives me a small smile. “I can’t go out with you like we planed but I will give you the money to get a new backpack.” Yukio says and I frown a little before shaking my head. “Alright nii-chan.” I say as I walk over to him to get the money that he was going to give me. “Here you are, I’m sorry I can’t go with you. I have job that came up that I need to do.” He says as he places the money in my hands and gives me a big smile. “It’s alright nii-chan. I understand, I’m just going to get a backpack and come home.” I say as I turn away from him.  “Don’t take too long and I promise I will make it up to you.” Yukio says from behind me. I nod my head and walk from the room and out of the dorm. It didn’t take me long to get into the town and I see Izumo following two people. I shake my head and ignore them as I make my way over to a shop that has a lot of bags in it.

          By the time I was done it was raining and I curse my luck on not bringing an umbrella or even wearing a coat that has a hood on it. I was just going to have to run home and pray that I didn’t get to wet on the way. It wasn’t too far of a walk from the shop to the train station but I was going to have to make a run for it and when I got home would change into warmer clothing. I just walked out the door with my new bag pressed against my chest when the first few drops hit my head. I could hear Izumo being loud but didn’t dare look over to see what kind of problems were going on when I had my own to deal with. When I got home I was shivering and soaking wet. My hair was glued to the top of my head and the sides of my face. I didn’t want my brothers to see me looking like a wet cat so I ran up to my room and drop my dry bag onto my bed before pulling off my wet top and shoes. I grab clean, dry, warm cloths before rushing to the bathroom and starting a hot shower. Once I was done I take my wet clothes and shoes down to the washing machine and dryer to get them clean and dry.