Chapter 4

When I woke it was to feel soft and plump pillows beneath my face and I was unbelievably comfortable – more so than I should be considering my last outfit of a pencil skirt and form fitting blouse, but when I reached down to feel them buy they weren’t there I just felt my skin. My eyes snapped open and I found myself in nothing but the periwinkle blue underwear I’d dressed myself in that morning.

I grumbled a bit and placated my confusion by snuggling into my bed - then suddenly I remembered that my bed is in fact broken and when it was whole it was never this comfy.

I felt my heart beat accelerate to the point that I could hear my pulse in my ears. I shrunk myself into a ball and cradled myself taking in an unfamiliar bedroom with every object either black or claret in colour. It was a large room, probably bigger than mine combined with the kitchen at home.

 I tried to stay calm and just take in the situation hoping that there was a simple and not scary explanation for all of this. I clung onto my head clamping it between my legs trying to remember the last thing I can... the courts, I was there I was definitely there and Milly was there because she stabbed my finger with a pin, but this isn’t Milly’s place otherwise there would be plants everywhere.

I gathered some courage and got up and started looking around scared out of my mind, where are my clothes? Where am I? I looked around some more and saw a window hidden behind some curtains – my best chance of escape without running into the asshole or pervert that’s done this to me.

I pulled the thick red curtains away from the window and shuddered at how high I was in this – what can only be described as a friggin’ castle! Pushing my vertigo to one side through the darkness of the night I saw a ledge that I could balance on and use to walk on and jump from onto a lower ledge – eventually I’d get back to the solid earth, it’ll take a while but it’s got to be better than being kept in here.

I pushed the window up making a gap just big enough for myself to slip out of but the second I poked my head and shoulders out of it I was pulled back into a rock hard chest.

“Charlotte what are you doing”? A deep disapproving voice asked like I was a child and this was typical of me... but I know that voice, Drake? I spun around in his arms and started hitting his chest when I saw his face.

“What have you done”! I screamed hitting him as hard as I could while he just stood there taking it. After a while I got tired and tried to move out of his arms but he just held tighter crushing our bodies together in the process effectively giving me the answer to my are we still mated question.

I liked the way it felt too much and had to look away from him before I lost it. Drake put his head in the crook of my neck and started to sway us side to side.

“Charlotte what’s wrong”? He sighed.

“What’s wrong”? I yelled making him jump back. “You’ve ruined my life and just when I thought I was going to get it back you fucking kidnapped me! What the hell is wrong with you”?

“Charlotte they were going to kill you”! he exclaimed desperately. “They were going to fucking kill you”!

I groaned turning in a circle and pulling at my hair beyond patience with this apparent assignation plot. “Even if they were which they weren’t, why do you care”?

He looked hurt and pissed but I really don’t care right now “Why do I care? Are you stupid or something”?

“No I’m confused you have no idea what you’ve put me through and now you think just because you show up and save me that I’m going to forget all that”?

I could see him shaking in his rage again, hands balled into fists at his sides. “Just go to sleep or whatever it is humans do” he growled pointing at the bed.