R

"All monsters are human."

The first time he saw her after the incident, there was a phony smile plastered over her cherry lips, eyes covered in thick layers of kohl. Hands wrapped around her platinum hair, surrounded by a myriad of followers, she waved at him. Quietly exchanging a few words amidst her group, she walked up to him.

She was a demon wrapped in the disguise of an angel.

The boy sharply averted his gaze when she reached him; his eyes roamed along the hall before noticing the undiluted attention of her followers paired on them. Ready to be the first to eavesdrop on any drama.

He pursed his lips and frowned.

It shouldn't have been astonishing. He was accustomed to this attention; it came with the package of being the Captain of the Basketball team. The reason was what irked him.

They wanted in on the latest gossip –The gossip of the school's two most elite students hooking up.

"What do you want?" The boy all but hissed, painfully aware of all the looks he was receiving.

"You." She smirked.

He looked at her sharply. He had anticipated her to come but not this soon. It was stupid to assume she would have given him more time. Bordered on the brick of insanity, but he had been clinging on to it as his last resort to safety.

He nodded stiffly, already knowing the correct answer to the monosyllabic word, but wanting her to reconfirm it.

"Three, parking lot. Be there." Her smirk was replaced by narrowed eyes, as if to dare him to say no.

Prickles of fear crept down his neck. He knew the damage she could do if he didn't adhere to her scheme of actions. Knew the harm she could do to him – to his family.

Gulping a breath quickly, the boy quickly spat out an okay, his mouth twisting at the acceptance to his predicament.