Chapter 17 Fist Fight

I was becoming so restless; the car ride was silent, everyone was praying that nothing serious had happened. Mrs. Wilson was becoming very impatient, but before she could burst we reached the arcade. In a distance you could see the sign that read "Welcome to Everwood". 

"Okay, should I go in first?" I asked as Mr. Wilson parked the car. We stepped out and stood in the parking lot.

"No, I will go with you." Mrs. Wilson came with me, while Mr. Wilson and my mother stayed outside, just in case Kai came to the parking lot, or anywhere outside. 

When we entered the arcade we heard the usual gaming sounds, certain games theme music. I scoured the entire arcade desperately searching for Kai. Mrs. Wilson and I had split up, so we had gone different directions. I turned a corner and saw a circle of people all watching intensely taking pictures of whatever was happening. I knew what was happening, I knew exactly what was happening. I hope that it wasn't true I didn't want it to be that way. 

I got closer to the rambunctious crowd and saw Kai on the floor and Logan was on top of him, I froze in shock my feet didn't let me go and help him. I saw Rachel there as well, who was just standing there laughing. 

Finally with enough bravery I went in, "Get off of him!" I yelled at Logan he didn't seem to hear me over the loud music and everyone's hooting. 

I began to pull him off, "Get-Off!" I grunted as I tried to pull him off. I finally got his attention. 

"What do we have here? Lily?" He sarcastically said in shock. I didn't know what to say, I felt scared and looked down. Rachel was enjoying all of this and all the bystanders were just gawking at the 'show'. I never saw Kai looking so weak, he could hardly get up, Logan had beaten and bruised him very harshly. 

"Look at me when I talk to you!" He grabbed, not my chin, the entire lower portion of my face. I gasped because of the astringent way that he gripped my face. I slapped his hand away and he looked at me with such provocation, the whole area could feel the tension building between us. At this point Rachel was getting serious, she feared for him to do something wrong. 

"Babe, come to your senses." She told him, trying to get him out of his trance, trying to intimidate me. 

"Shut up!" He shut his eyes tight saying this with gritted teeth. 

He brought his attention back to me, "I told you to stay away from me and Rachel," He was meditative towards me. "But I could understand, you couldn't resist to stay away from Kai could you," He chuckled. "He wasn't really the type to like girls, but you..." He started roaming with his eyes, all over my body. "I would know why." He smirked evilly. 

"How dare you!" Kai came from behind, giving Logan a blow to the head. I was flabbergasted, I didn't even realize when he got up and how the crowd was slowly backing away, only a few people still left behind. I'm guessing that they are the boys from Everwood. 

"Kai!" I heard Mrs. Wilson's voice vibrate through the arcade. Daniel was with her, shortly after the police sirens were blaring from outside, the owner of the arcade had everyone leave the building leaving only the people who were involved in this incident to deal with the police. Parents were trying to cover their children and drag them away from the scene. You oculdn't even tell that this was an arcade it was more like a filthy club and a fist fight. 

I ran towards Kai, going around Logan's unconscious body that Rachel was next to. I hugged Kai, thanking God that nothing terrible happened. He wasn't injured too badly, but there were bruises. "Kai," I began a tear rolling down my cheek. 

"Why are you crying?" He seemed so absent minded to me. 

"Because," I didn't have a clear explanation, I just said what I felt. "I care about you." I whispered. 

"Kai." Mrs. Wilson was crying more than I was, I backed away so that she could comfort her child. She was a mother, and like any other she would hug and kiss and show affection to her child no matter how old he or she is. 

"It's okay mom, i'm okay." He mumbled. 

"No you're not you have bruises everywhere, and why didn't you tell me about this and," She hesitated before she spoke. "Logan." She whispered the deviled name. There were so many questions roaming around but the ones that were necessary to answer first were the ones that the police had to ask. Once the situation was told to the police; going through their records the recognized Logan. His connection to Kailee's suicide. He was a shrewd person, and I can say with confidence that the police will have charges held against Logan. Kai is not responsible for anything, it was self-defence and he has a clean record. Which is probably the complete opposite of Logan's. 

One of the police women brought out her first aid kit and helped Kai with any other injuries besides the bruises. At one point the respectable police women pressed a little too hard as she helped him with his cut on his arm and he hissed and shut his eyes tight. Seeing that Mrs. Wilson was still talking to the other police men I went over to Kai and he looked up at me since he was sitting down. I gave him my hand to grip onto because of the pain. 

"Thanks dear, and I'm sorry about that I shouldn't have pressed so hard." The police women acknowledged me coming over to help Kai and apologized to him. 

He was still gripping very harshly, but I didn't care, he was hurt and I'm no where near the amount of pain he was suffering. Kai began to swoon back and fourth, he looked pale as well. 

"Kai?" I questioned and then before he could fall back the police women and I caught him. 

"What's going on?" I was freaking out. Mrs. Wilson, Daniel and the other police men ran over to us. 

"I think there's internal bleeding there isn't any other possible explanation." The police women shook her head. The other police men picked him up as she called the ambulance.

Mrs. Wilson ran out to the parking lot and an ambulance was there, Mr. Wilson and my mother saw the situation, My mother Daniel and I sat in Mr. Wilson's car, with my mother in the driver's seat while Mr. and Mrs. Wilson went in the ambulance with Kai. 

"Lily, what happened in there?" My mother was disturbed by the event occurring at the moment. 

"I will tell you everything later, j-just get to the hospital." I was tearing up, but didn't want to cry. 

"Don't' worry Lily, Kai is strong everything will be okay." He reassured me from the back seat, I looked at him from the rear view mirror as he gave me an assuring half smile. I couldn't smile back but looked back to the ambulance rushing in front of us. I started talking to myself...

Kai will be okay, he will be fine, nothing will happened to him. It- it just can't.