Chapter Seven

The Next Day. (Saturday)

Jasmine's Point Of View

I can't believe Chris kissed me I haven't even known him that long! I paced back and forth around my room. How am I going to talk to him without it being awkward at work? " JAZZY" Diamond ran up to my room. " Hmm?" I mumbled rubbing my forehead.

" I'm ready for school" she said with her pajamas on.

" Silly you don't have school today it's Saturday"

" Oh I forgot again" she laughed and ran out of my room. Kids I tell you......

A few hours later.

" Hello?" I answered my phone. "Hello, this is Kylie I was wondering if you could come in for some overtime?" Overtime sounds good about now but who would keep Diamond for an couple hours.

" Yes I can come in around 3?" I said.

" Sounds great see you then!" She hung up.

" JAZZZZZY" Diamond screamed at the top of her lungs. " Yes?" I said preparing for work. " I wanna go to the park today!" She jumped up and down. " Uhmm hold on" I grabbed my phone.

Something told me I should call August but I always ask him to keep Diamond even though he enjoys it.

It finally hit me. I'll call Amber! I dialed her number as fast as I could. " Hey Jaz what's good?" She asked " Nothing you know the usual, can you do me a favor?" I twirled my hair with my finger.

"Sure what is it?" She replied. " Well I need someone to babysit Diamond because my job called and asked if I could work overtime today"

" Jazz you know I do not know how to keep kids" she laughed " I know but I'm desperate" I laughed.

" Okay" she sighed " Thanks I'll have her over there in 20 minutes" I hung up the phone.

A Few Hours Later....

"KYLIE WHY ISN'T THIS SH*T DONE YET?" Chris screamed at the top of his lungs, I really wondered what she did that could be so bad. But it doesn't take much to make him mad.

" Mr Brown this what you asked for me to do" she rolled her eyes. " I did not" he growled and walked out of the room.

Chris is nice to me but I don't think I could deal with that. Maybe I just don't know him yet? " Jasmine I do not pay you to daydream" he grumbled.

" Sorry Sir" I adjusted my seat and pretended to write stuff down. He didn't know I was on my five minute break apparently.

This day was going to be longer than I thought it would be......

Chris's Point Of View

I've been thinking about her all damn day n night and I don't know why. She's not my type even though I went on one date with her. "Jasmine if you could please come into my office" I tapped her shoulder.

She got up adjusting her short black skirt, I shut the door behind us. " Jasmine I'm really sorry I have to do this but you're fired" her eyes widened and a few tears slipped from her brown eyes.

Honestly it hurt to watch " Your last day will be tomorrow" I muttered pointing for her to leave.

" T-thank you" she croaked holding her hand down walking out of the room.

Soon after Kylie walked in with her arms across her chest. She slammed the door. " How could you?" She said.

" How could I what?" I arched my eyebrow. What is she talking about? " Mr Brown don't act like you don't know what you just did!"

" Oh you mean firing Jasmine" I rolled my eyes. " She did absolutely nothing wrong, I think that's ridiculous" she scoffed. "You'll be next keep talking"

" ION CARE IF YOUR FEELINGS ARE HURT SHOULDA KEEP YO MOUTH SHUT" I glared

Amber's Point Of View

"Do not touch that" I said to Diamond

"Do not touch that" I said to Diamond. " But-" she said " I said no!" I stomped my foot.

This is why I ain't having kids, "When's Jazz coming to get me this sucks" she crossed her arms cross her chest.

" I don't know it might be a little later tho"

She huffed flopping onto the couch. " Can you at least take me to the park?" She rolled her eyes.

" I told you wait until later it's too hot outside"

" But-" my phone started to ring thank god. " Hey Uhm I might be coming to get Diamond earlier than expected"

" Why? What happened" I hope they didn't fire her. " I got fired, listen I'll tell you the rest when I come get her." She sighed

" Alright I'll be here" she hung up quickly.

" What happened?" Diamond asked climbing into my lap. "Nothing they sent Jasmine home earlier because uhm they wanted her to work from home" I came up with something quick, I'll let Jazz break the news to her not me.

Jasmine's Point Of View

Soon the day was over with and I would have to find another job. I really can't believe Chris did me like that, he knew my story he knew what I went through. I grabbed my bag heading straight to the elevators.

" Jasmine" I heard a voice behind me, the elevator doors opened " Jasmine!" Chris walked towards me.

" Yes?" I said a little confused what does he want now? " Oh just letting you know you left your phone on your desk" he smirked.

I snatched my phone and tapped the down button on the elevator. " Thank you" I muttered looking down at my notifications on my phone.

"Something wrong?" He said still smiling, he knew what he was doing.

" No, nothing at all" I stepped inside the elevator.

Maybe It Wasn't Meant To Be After All...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for not updating 🙊. I was behind on school, but everything's back to normal now!

And I'm adding Keke or Amber to be Jasmines best friend.

Anyways, I should be updating sometime soon.

Love You All😘❤️