Chapter 7

•Cleo's POV•

I stood, staring at the doorway, stuck in my tracks. My fathers eyes gleamed menacingly at me.

"HOW DARE YOU!" I accused, pulling out the entire drawer so it fell onto the gold marble floor, papers flying everywhere. My father looked defiant, but soon realised what I had been reading.

I scarpered over, grabbing his bandages on his chest and shaking him wildly.

"I can explain!" he sputtered, but I pushed him away from my grip, with him staggering back into a chest of drawers. We both breathed out heavily, glad my actions were over.

"Save it for my mother," I quipped, grabbing my knees and leaning over, as a cramp kicked in.

"Things were difficult. Your mother was difficult. I had no choice but to cut your contact," My father declared, standing upright and staring at me. I clutch my stomach, breathing out.

"I'm a grown woman, so from now on, I'll be making my own decisions, starting from today. I want you to grab me some of the finest papyrus from the cellar," I reasoned, walking over to him slowly and pointing my finger at his throat "and get me the most expensive squid ink for my letter. I'll be writing to my mother today, to find out the truth. You're a heartless fiend. I hate you." My fingernail by this point was carefully hovering over his neck, ready to swipe. But I pulled back.

I stared at him with hurt in my eyes, before running out of his study.

I ran down the hallways, tears streaming down my face. All had become clear. How could he do this?

Nefera walked past me, and I bumped into her at top speed, falling to the ground. She kept her balance, staring above me.

"Watch where you're going, freak!" she cackled, walking ahead of me. I sat down, hugging my knees close, and cried.

•Draculauras POV•

I was sat at home, eating some salad carefully, when the doorbell went. I didn't feel like getting up, because my body ached like hell. I heard my father open the door.

I listened closely.

"Go on up," my fathers voiced echoed. I froze. Somebody must of been invited in.

"Dracualaura?" my fathers voice bellowed "I know you haven't been well, but Clawd is here to see you!"

I didn't answer.

My door creaked open, and I muted the telly. Clawd strolled in.

"D?" he murmured, clicking the door shut behind him.

"Hello," I giggle awkwardly. I would have gotten up and greeted him, but I couldn't. I still hadn't recovered from last night.

"I didn't see you at the party last night," he reported, sitting on the edge of my bed. His fingers shook delicately, and his muscles seemed tense. He never just wandered in and not kiss me, or hug me.

"No, I guess we were both, doing our own things..." I observed, looking down to the near-empty bowl in my hands. Clawd shifted nervously.

"So..." he cautioned, turning his head around my room as if to start some other conversation.

"What happened with Venus?" I claimed. My eyes stared deeply at him, as his head jerked nervously back to my gaze.

"What do you mean, what happened?" he exclaimed.

"I don't know, just heard an argument, that's all..." I teased. Something must have happened, and I was going to get it out of him by pretending I knew. Then, he would have to confess.

"Yeah, I got her bag mixed up with yours. So many shades of pink!" he chuckled, stopping almost instantly. I could read his lies like a book.

"She gave me a ride home, gave us a chance to...catch up?" I theorised, taking note of Clawd's stiff behaviour.

"I should have given you a ride home. Why didn't you come to me?" he taunted protectively.

"She really opened up to me, actually," I recalled.

"Oh, well. What's a ghoul friend for?" he bleated, smiling clumsily.

"Something happened..." I guessed, twiddling my long, wavy hair around my hot pink nails.

"What did she tell you?" he nagged, eyes studying my body as I refused to meet his glare.

"What wasn't there to tell? So much happened. But why don't you tell me your version of events?" I hiss back, meeting his steady gaze. His eyes darted around the room. He jumped up, creaking the floorboards beneath him.

"It was an accident!" he wailed "I don't know what happened! I bet she was lying, anyway. The normies spiked our punch!" he rushed over, bending down to my height on the bed. "I promise you, it was a mistake. I honestly don't remember. You're everything to me. Please. I love you," he grabbed my hand, caressing it and kissing it. He looked up at me. Tears formed in my eyes. Could he be saying what I only imagined would not be true?

I pause.

"You're telling me," I gasp "That you.....slept with..Venus?" I choke.

"Ugh," he sighs heavily, his head swinging downwards as I retrace my hand from his grip. He breaths heavily, tears falling onto the floor. My own tears ran hurriedly onto my dress.

I stood up. "Venus told me nothing," I called. "But now, you have," I finished, walking out of my room. I hear his crying stop as he realises he had just confessed to a girl who knew nothing. He could have kept it a secret. Who knows? We will never know now.

I rush swiftly, down the stairs, tears floating back behind me. My father simply looks up from his paper, but makes no sound.

My hand scoops my forehead up as I pull open our abundant front doors, revealing the pathway in front of me. By this point, I was running, barefooted, not caring who saw me. I don't know where I was heading, but I had to move.

"DRACULAURA!" Clawds voice roared behind me, pulling the doors back open behind me, as he starts sprinting down the garden path.

I exposed the pavement, pushing the iron gates open and running into the road. I heard the motion of cars, but it was all too quiet in my head compared to my crying.

"WAIT UP! LOOK OUT!" he says, pushing the gates as they began to close automatically. "No, no, no!" I overhear him sob as he commences to clamber over them.

I glance back, my hair blown up into my face so I had a limited view as to what Clawd was doing, and as I look back forward, I run into the road.

Silence.

A/N sorry it's taken me a while to update, I have been doing a lot of tests so yeah. Hope you like it! This chapter is a bit sad:(xx