Chapter 3

•Clawdeens POV•

At least I wasn't one of the ones who drank a lot, I thought to myself, as I tossed the covers off my body. I had slept in the conservatory, because everyone else had commandeered the rest of the house, but I kept my supplies in here so I could just crash after all the mess.

Last nights party was howling! I had the time of my life. Things did get a little out of hand past 1 o' clock though, and by 4 o' clock, well, things were pretty rowdy, but it was a blast.

I shiver; maybe my purple bandage dress wasn't wise in the autumn weather. I throw the duvet back over me, and settle down.

I reach down the back side of the couch - yes, I was sensible enough to leave my clutch somewhere it would stay - and pull out my Icoffin. It was 11am.

The weather looked so grim, it could have been 5am. Not that that mattered to me. I grab Cleo's leather jacket, in which she had left on the arm of the sofa, and pull it on, so maybe then I could consider leaving my territory.

I hear suspicious footsteps coming from behind me, and I peek over the back of the chair, scared outta my wits. Despite being a wolf, I still get the creeps when I'm alone.

"Hey Clawdeen, you seen my purse?" the shadow mumbled, clutching her high curled messy ponytail on top of her head. I had instantly recognised Abbey's sombre tone, and picked up her bag beside me, throwing it into the darkness.

My hand slipped as I did so, meaning it hit the ground with a monotonous thud. I wasn't sure if it had hit someone, but it was out of my hands whether Abbey had got it or not.

"I think you throw too near," she replies, bending down to pick it up. As she does so, a small bolt of electricity runs up her arm, and before I know it, her hair is on end.

"Oh, I'm so sorry!" a stuffy Frankie whispers from her position on the floor "It's a reflex thing!" she laughs, but has to stop half way through, because it's too painful.

"Need a charge?" I ask.

"Yup. Looks like I forgot my portable battery," she sighs. I could tell Frankie had lost a lot of energy - last nights party seemed to go on for weeks.

"You charge two straight days to get ready. I do not get this?" Abbey asks, crouching down next to Frankie as she leans on her shoulder for support.

"Were you paying attention to last nights party? It was pretty intense!" I laugh back.

"I need to get home before...I simply......pass out!" Frankie jokes, but I could tell she was exhausted.

I make my way into the living area where Frankie was stationed.

"Let's get you home," I smile, grabbing her arm and hoisting her up with Abbey. She stood up shakily, leaning on the sideboard behind her.

"Better to take heels off," Abbey pointed out, bending down and slipping her stylishly stitched wedges and hooking them around her manicured fingernail.

I pick up my clutch, pulling out my emergency gold pumps and handing them to Abbey, while I get ready to help Frankie out.

I calmly call my dad. Despite feeling a little fuzzy headed and exhausted, I put on my best angel accent and asked him to pick us up at Screamy Lane - I know that he probably doesn't fancy driving all the way over town from Howlywood, but I know there was no way I was walking in this state.

He says he'll be there in 2 minutes, and as I tell the ghouls, Abbey stares at me in discomfort.

"Something going on?" I question her as she removes her arms from Frankie's limp body.

"Last night. I see Heath..."

"You see Heath?" I joked "What's that supposed to mean?"

"We...woke up beside one another?" she stuttered, looking at me worriedly.

"Oh..." I marvelled. I think I knew what she was trying to say. "You let Heath Burns seduce you?" I teased.

"No. Yes. I do not know." she drawled.

"Well, miracles have happened," I stated. "Do you know what happened?"

"No. But I think Heath was sensible..." she ponders.

"For the life of me, I hope he was ghoul. Or else!" I jested, smiling at Abbey. She knew I had her back if anything happened.

A car hooted in the distance and I immediately recognised my dads van.

"Hey guys, my dads here," I mentioned, holding Frankie's hand tightly and escorting her out to the vehicle.

I click open the rusty door, and push Frankie up into the stone cold seat, Abbey trailing after her. I jump in onto the last seat, squashing in. There really was only room for two other passengers, but nobody in Monster High has only two or less friends. Well, maybe Howleen.

The engine rumbles, and my dad pulls out off the pavement, driving up to Frankie's.

By the time we drop her off, she's asleep.

"We'll take her back to ours!" I suggested, Abbey running in through her door and grabbing some pyjamas, toiletries and her charger. It was better she came back to my house, especially as her parents would bolt if they found out what happened last night.

Luckily, my dad just doesn't understand ghouls, just because there's only 3 in my household. So he tends not to ask questions.

We pull up into my driveway, the rain hammering down on the windscreen. Abbey uses her strong arms and scoops Frankie up into them, sliding out of the van whole I follow, carrying her belongings.

We run inside, straight up to my bedroom. Abbey lays Frankie on the bed, with no words, while I plug her in at my bedside socket. Lucky for me, Howleen was out with Twyla.

Frankie's bolts spark a few times before she opens her eyes slowly, looking at us.

"Thanks ghouls," she smiles as she pulls my throw over her cold-blooded body. I smile back at her, then turn to Abbeys smiling face.

A/N Sorry it took me so long to update, I went to a Halloween party, stayed up all night, and still haven't recovered. Keep reading :) xx