Chapter 6

•Draculauras POV•

"How do you expect me to know what happened?!" I hear Venus' raspy voice yell.

"Why didn't you stop me! You normally only drink water! What changed?!" A low, wolf voice responds.

"Can't a ghoul change a live a little? You should be responsible for your actions!" she pipes up again.

"What the hell Venus?!" I recognised Clawd's voice declare.

"I cannot be dealing with this! And I won't. I've done nothing wrong! You can sort this mess out by yourself." Venus stated, before I hear her heels walk through the hallways. I hear Clawd cursing under his breath loudly. What could he be so angry about?

Venus walks past me, and I look up at her.

She bends down under the table and stares at me straight in the eye. I was busted.

"Draculaura?" she ushers me out as I get up, standing carefully beside her. "Why are you under here? Did something happen?"

I burst into tears. More then anything, I wanted to know what all that ranting was about, but I was too ill to think about it as Venus escorted me to her car.

"Where's the other ghouls? Did they not wait for you?" She ignites the engine.

"I don't know," I stutter, clasping a fresh tissue to my damp face.

"Aww, well, let me get you home," she reassured me as she pulls out from the normies driveway.

"What was all the shouting about?" I announce unexpectedly. Venus freezes.

"Nothing, honest. He has just, left some mess on the carpet!" she laughed. I could tell she was lying.

"Oh," I decided not to go any further. I wasn't in the mood. I would just ask Clawd when I saw him next.

"Here, this is your house?" She reported, looking at me. She squirmed a bit, shaking her leg under the steering wheel.

"Yes. Thankyou," I insist, quickly opening the door and leaving.

"Wait-" Venus cries but I slammed the door, running up the path in the rain. Somehow, I no longer trusted my snappy pal.

I got up to the door and rang the bell. As soon as my father answered, Venus screeched off back down the road.

•Cleo's POV•

I sat on my bed, staring up at my shimmering gold ceiling. Deuce was out getting us something to eat for tonight, and my father was resting in his room.

I think back to today. Deuces words echo back and forth in my head.

'Did you guys ever get along?'

I remember my mother as if I'd seen her yesterday. She was my role model, my best friend, my sister. But then things changed.

When she moved back to Egypt to look after the land, she promised Nefera and I she would send letters daily to make sure we were alright. Now, she hadn't sent a letter in 3 years.

I get up off the bed, and walk out of my room, down the hallway - creeping past my fathers room - and into his study.

I walk over to his desk. I remember as a child, he had forbidden Nefera and I to enter his right hand drawer. He always told us his 'private things' were kept in there, therefore it was not our right to enter it.

I don't know what made me do it, but I had been feeling really hormonal and deep - and if I'm honest, I hadn't really been thinking of the consequences, but my hand reached out and I touched the drawer, hooking my long fingernails around the golden handle and pulling it gently towards me. The room remained silent.

Immediately, I saw a picture of my mother, Nefera and myself laid out neatly on top. My mummy looked beautiful. Her long, black hair with dark brown highlights shone in the Egyptian sun, with it tousled down her back, reaching just above her bum. Her body was voluptuous - beautiful curves, with the long blue dress she had on hugging them close. Her fingernails painted with fine gold leaf, long and pointing. Her pouted, red lips, her golden stilettos, her multiple bangles spiralling up her arms - and of course, her violet eyes, staring straight at me. She looked like a goddess. I could have burst with pride.

Underneath this, there was some sort of letter, which I immediately recognised my mothers curly handwriting scribble on the papyrus in pure black ink. I pull it out, and as I began to read, I became horrified.

'My dearest Ramses,
Please tell me the girls are ok. I have heard nothing from them for so long and it would mean the world to me if you were passing on the letters I sent for them last time.

I saw Nefera's Scaris catwalk show - tell her she looked beautiful from me. She really has grown into a gorgeous young woman. She has my eyes, too!

Tell young Cleo that I miss her so. I know she will be talking her exams soon, and I know her well enough to know she'll be fretting - just like me!

All my love,

Aria x-x-x'

I stare at the letter. My lip starts to quiver. My daddy had always told me my mother had never bothered to send letters. But this was only dated back two months ago.

I look underneath the letter, and there's another picture. It's a woman, and a young girl, but I didn't recognise her. Until I saw the deep purple eyes.

Wow. She had changed. She had short hair, a cute little bob. She now had a full fringe, and she looked a lot thinner. Her natural curves had practically disappeared.

What surprised me was the small girl beside her. She had purple eyes, too, with short hair like mine was when I was young. She had a strong facial shape, a typical De Nile feature.

Maybe this was a cousin or ancestor of mine? Who was this small girl? She looked a lot like my mother.

I grab the letter below it, reading it out loud. It was another one from my mother, but the writing looked more frazzled and the paper had been torn a little.

'Ramses,

I have told you once before and I will tell you again - please let me hear from my children. I need to know how they are. It's only fair.

If I have not heard back from them in the next two months, I shall be flying over and taking action. Enough is enough. The divorce shouldn't have changed anything. I'm a grown woman now.'

A tear slid down my cheek carefully. I knew my mother had gone back to Egypt to rule again, but I didn't know her and my father were divorced. I didn't know she'd been trying to get hold of us for so long.

"Cleo..." my fathers voice whispered behind me.

TO BE CONTINUED.

A/N so yeah, it's pretty long. So I told you about Cleo's mummy issues so I'm starting to build it up. Enjoy:)xx