Luke

This morning, Rachel, John, Theo, Leia, Maggie, and I were all going to the animal shelter. We were volunteering for the day. "Alright guys welcome, to Toronto's dog shelter." Maggie says walking in. She lead us to the back where all the dog play. "Now before we let the dogs out to play, we gotta clean it up a bit." Maggie handed us each a scooper to pick up after the dogs. After she let some dogs out as Leia refilled their water and food. The whole time we played with them. There was this really cute German Shepard named Dex.

Leia, kept playing with this corgi named Diana, and Theo was hanging with a bulldog named Warner. Maggie, was with the golden retriever and cocker spaniel, an Rachel was with a husky named Snow. The dogs were incredibly adorable.

A couple hours went by and we were done for the day. "Thank you guys so much for your help, the owner says thanks too," Maggie said. "We should do this more often, its so much fun," Rachel added with a smile.

We arrived back at the studio and it was time to work on our year project. I was working on my own songs first and then doing the duet with Maggie. I thought about some potential lyrics, but I couldn't relate to them at all. I heard a little knock on the lounge door. I looked and saw Eva. "Oh hey Eva," I said. She smiled and walked in.

"Hey Luke can I talk to you about something," she asked. "Of course."

"Would you like to do a duet with me?"

"Sure, do you know what kind of song you want to sing?" I asked.

"I don't actually that's why I was wondering if you wanted to work on the lyrics together," she replied.

"Yeah of course." The whole evening Eva and I were brainstorming for different ideas for the song.

We wrote half of the song by 5. I had one our before I had to pick up Maggie for our date. I was excited but nervous at the same time. While Eva and I were practicing our song, when Leia walked in. "Hey, Luke can I ask you something," she asks while pulling me away from Eva. "Uh sure-"

"Do you wanna go to the movies with me tonight? I have an extra ticket for the seven o'clock show," she said, showing me the ticket. "Sorry, Leia I can't I already have plans tonight." Leia's smile turns into a frown.

"With whom?" she asked.

"A friend," I replied quickly. "See ya later!" I quickly say and walk past her, heading out the door.

Maggie POV

I look in the mirror and look at my outfit. I was wearing a navy blue dress with a pair of brown boots, and a feather necklace with some studded earrings. And to top it off, a brown little top hat. I smiled as soon as my phone went off, I saw a text from Luke saying he was outside. I walk outside and see him with the van. "Sorry, it's not the best kind of transportation I have right now," he said.

"Don't worry, I always liked the van," I replied with a wide smile. Luke opens the door for me, and I sit in the passenger seat. The drive itself was just amazing. Luke and I sang along to the Lumineers, James Bay, and even some Britney Spears. Let me tell you, watching Luke singing Toxic was a moment I wish I caught on camera. After singing, we finally arrived at the movie.

"So what movie she'll we watch?" he asked. I looked up at the board and looked at the different movies. "Let's see, Miss Peregrines Home for Peculiar Children, The Blair Witch-"

"How about Miss Peregrines? I read the book, and it was amazing," I chuckled. Luke agrees, and gets us both our tickets. While setting snacks, Luke started acting a bit weird. He kept looking around and was trying to hide himself behind me. "UH Luke, what's wrong," I asked.

"Leia's here," He stated," with Ella and Rachel." I looked over and saw the trio in the next line, Rachel and Ella were having nice conversation, and then there was Leia, arms crossed with a frown. "Do you think she saw us already?" I asked Luke. "God I hope not."

Luke and I order our snacks quickly, and speed walk to the movie theater. We sit in our seats and sighed knowing the coast was-"LUKE?!"........clear.

"Oh, uh, hey Leia," he replied. She smiled and sat next to him, Rachel and Ella trailing behind her. "Maggie is that you?" I heard Ella ask. I turn and smile, "hey."

"Hey Maggie," Leia said, with a very fake wide smile. I laughed nervously and wave. "So what are you guys doing here?"

"Leia, Maggie and I are on a date," Luke blurted out. 'OH CRAP' was what I thought in my head. Leia frowned. "Oh, I see," she said," well we'll leave you two alone, come on guys." Leia and the others leave, Luke and I give each other wide eyed looks and sigh. The room gets dark and the movie starts.

After the movie, Luke and I walk back to van. "Thanks for taking me to the movie, it was a blast." I said. "Hey um we still have sometime before our curfew, wanna hang out still?" Luke asked. I nodded. "Mr. G may or may not have given me the key to the Lost and Found music studios."

"No way, even after 6?" I asked. "Yup, and there aren't any security cameras, which i don't know why-" Luke said. "Wanna jam out?" he asked. I nodded and smiled wide eyed and so did he. I'm pretty sure from outside the van we'd look like maniacs.

Luke drives to Lost and Found and opens the back door. Luke and I head straight to the Rose room and I grab a guitar and start playing "I Found my Voice."

We sang so many songs, our throats were hurting. Luke lays down on the stage and laughs with me, not believing what we just did. "Oh my goodness, this has officially been one of the best nights ever," I replied. He sits up, scoots next to me, and rests his chin on my shoulder. "I agree." I smiled and so did he. "Maggie, can I ask you something?" Luke said now sitting up straight.

"Yeah, anything." I replied. Excitement over flowed in me. What was he going to ask.

"Maggie, I've known you for almost a year now, and you're a really great talented person. I love the way you sing, how skilled you are at the guitar, I love how you're so nice to everyone, I love how you're such a hard working person, and I love you." I blushed, this was the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me. "Maggie, will you be my girlfriend?"

My heart skips a beat and I couldn't help but smile. "I would love to be your girlfriend," I replied.